Blocks Into Calories

Options
muzzmackay
muzzmackay Posts: 3 Member
I started doing weight training throughout last winter to help with cycling I chose the Crossfit style of training and it led me to the Zone diet.

Now I also like to count calories and was immediately taken aback when I worked out the amount consumed.

Example:
Using the prescribed Macro allowance in grams of P 7, F 3, C 9. Fourteen blocks per day would yield 1274k/cals

I'm not sure how anyone could cope with such a low amount per day. Using Myfitnesspal's own guide, choosing slightly active and 250g per week weight loss, it advises over 1800 k/cal, that's before doing any exercise.

The Crossfit journal suggests 17 blocks for a medium male which is 1547 k/cal still way below Myfitnesspal's recommendation.

Now since this is a Myfitnesspal group has anyone else noticed what I have noticed ? Are the Zone Diet and calorie counting incompatible ?

Replies

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined this group because I realized my diet is sort of Zone-like. (I'm probably 1/2 way between the Zone and Low Carb.) My goal is to eat 100 grams of protein a day - which is about 25% of my daily macros (at 1550 calories a day plus I count about 1/2 of my exercise calories). I don't do the block thing. My carbs are set at 35% and my fat at 30%, but the only thing I really watch is my protein and not letting it get too low.