• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Working
    :|
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,998 Member
    Options
    I'm working too! And about to go to lunch!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm at Philmont but not hiking the back country. Still too heavy.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I need to retire so I have time for this!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »

Life goals!
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Life goals!

Seriously...I've got way too many years to go.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm on a teaching course
    Be back soon xx
  • patrickjd9
    patrickjd9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I mentioned the word "retire" to my boss for the first time this week. 2019 is my planned year, told her I'd be willing to go next year. :D
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    @patrickjd9 ! Next near sounds better than 2019 :star::)B)
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Kids came off trek yesterday. We start home from Philmont today. Train then bus then cars. The trip will take about 30 hours.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I typically forget to check for new threads (like this one) in the groups as I just have time to only check my bookmarked threads most days...when I have time. Busy with life vice staying online in the threads. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    I'm . . . here, I guess. Or over picking fights in the debate forum. Or on the river because *it's rowing season* (my favorite!). Messing about with flowering stuff in the garden a bit, too, and enjoying the farmers markets.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    We left Philmont at 230pm on Sunday. Arrived Louisville Ky at 1am Tuesday. US train system doesn't compare to any first world system. Ugh
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    We left Philmont at 230pm on Sunday. Arrived Louisville Ky at 1am Tuesday. US train system doesn't compare to any first world system. Ugh

It is pretty appalling, I agree. You can get to thousands of places in Europe or Asia quickly and relatively inexpensively. Here, though, not so much. It's a shame.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    I have been busy with a bunch of things and now am in the midst of packing for a move. Fun times. Must get back on track.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I have been busy with a bunch of things and now am in the midst of packing for a move. Fun times. Must get back on track.

Where you moving too Nikki?
  • RodaRose
    Options
    We moved a zillion times w/ Dad in the military. Sometimes Dad was gone and Mom handled it -- often by throwing things out.
    Even now the two of them live like Spartans.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Well we made the move. It has been the move from hell. The promised renovations were not completed. As we were moving in they were finishing laying the living room floor and it's been pretty much downhill from there. A new contractor has been hired to finish some stuff and redo others. We can only hope that he can do it quickly and right. The only good thing is that our appetites have been killed off and there has been some minor weight loss. Today we found a place that is a combination bakery and bar. Booze and cake. We thought we had been hit by a bus and went to heaven. LOL We sampled some stuff and it was all divine. Luckily it is a good long walk away and the parking is lousy. And although the subway will drop us at the corner we are too cheap to spend a full fare on what is really just under a mile walk so while we will surely go again it is not close enough to be a daily temptation!
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Congrats on the successful move to the new place. Much luck to you with the contractor. Loving the idea of the bakery-bar. :star:
  • BBee5064
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Nikki you made me smile :D:) with the cake bar. I'm so you decided to walk .. congratulations on your move.. let's hope the new contractor doesn't let you down..
    have a great day xxx