Seriously??

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
My period just came back and it's only been about two weeks!! Wtf?? I thought it was supposed to come less as I get closer to menopause.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    its happened to me, been to the doc, did all the tests, everything normal she said. but I do some heavy duty cardio, so she thinks that might be it., certainly not fun!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    so far mine has gone from a consistent 30 days to a completely random 21-25 days with a very rare 50 days thrown into the mix...it's a giant pain in the booty
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mine ranged from 8 days apart to 80 days apart there for a while!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What a lovely time of life.
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's all the new normal, right? Lately, mine go away for 5-6 months...giving me some hope that I'm done...then bam!...a month or 2 of mostly regular periods. Sometimes heavy, sometimes almost nothing. It seems extra stress is what will trigger mine. I can't wait to be over this.

Let's not even talk about the extreme hot and cold flashes happening now that it's summer...
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Omg! It's been SEVEN MONTHS, until yesterday :'(
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Was disappointed myself there recently too. 66 days without and then ... after the disbelief worn off, I had a second or two of thinking I could have one more baby and be fertile ... and then I went argh f# that. I can be equally amazing without periods. Twas a bit of a rollercoaster. So got me thinking perhaps the nonsense and differences each cycle towards the end are so we go phew .. instead of going into shock .. lol
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Erg - now I'm having horrible pms symptoms! My b00bs have never felt so sore - hah hah. UNCLE already!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    25 days again for me this time...at least it was pretty light this go around...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Erg - now I'm having horrible pms symptoms! My b00bs have never felt so sore - hah hah. UNCLE already!!!
    That was me almost exactly 1 year ago. Then POOF!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This happening to me, too. I had a 6-day period, went a week, and then had a 4-day period. And now when I'm "regular", it's about every 23-25 days. I've decided that my ovaries are having a blowout BOGO sale: "Eggs two for one! Come and get 'em while you've still got 'em!" UGH!!! lol
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

Evening Primrose oil pills helped me tremendously with PMS.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited October 2017
    Options

Evening Primrose oil pills helped me tremendously with PMS.

EPO really got me through the PMS and b00b hell. Agreed.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    May try it. Can’t hurt, I guess.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been very steady 27-28 day cycles forever, then 67 days missed and was hoping I would be done but now back to 27 day cycles:( I am not having hot flashes but am having terrible headaches and cranky as hell lol. I also gained a bigger gut and my muscles in my legs hurt all the time! I was thinking maybe I should try a natural supplement, but not sure what to try?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    My period just came back and it's only been about two weeks!! Wtf?? I thought it was supposed to come less as I get closer to menopause.

Not necessarily.

Mine went from a regular like clockwork 28 days ...

To ... anytime.

I would do a 10 day period, take a break off the period for a few days, then go into 3 days of period, take a break off the period for a couple weeks, then go back onto it again for maybe 2 full weeks, then take a break for a week, then go on again for a week, then off again for a week, then on again for a week ..............

After a year of that, I finally got fed up and went to the doctor.

Turns out that I had a combination of things going on ... perimenopause + a large polyp in my uterus.

Had that removed, and things kind of returned to something like normal again ... and about 8 months later all the irregularity started again.

Went back to the doctor and discovered I had a hemorrhagic cyst. That went away after a couple months and things kind of returned to normal for another 8 months or so. And then the irregularity all started again.

Yep, another polyp.

Since that one was removed, I my cycle has finally started extending. I even had a 67 day gap between periods once!! :)

So ... the irregularly could be perimenopause, or it could be something else. Get it checked.