Daily calorie intake

Options
alexandria3035
alexandria3035 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
What does everyone have their daily calories set at to hit your goal? I know that activity level and other factors will determine this number, however mine is 1200 and I think that's low while Breast feeding!

Replies

• BrainCellsUp
    BrainCellsUp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I looked this up on the FAQs and it mentioned logging breastfeeding as an exercise, which seems convoluted. I think I'll just aim for an extra 300 or so calories. Would love to hear what others are doing!
  • Bjbia90
    Bjbia90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine was set to 1200 as well. I tried logging as an exercise but didn't like that. I just personally upped the daily goal to 1700 calories/day. I heard somewhere breastfeeding burns about 500/day.
  • leahdmurphy1
    leahdmurphy1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I set mine to 1800. I read somewhere on "the google" that under that can reduce milk production.

First day to track and 100 cal over:( and hungry
  • jenniferheartswilliam
    Options
    I read to track pumping at how many ounces you get a day; 500 for 20oz, 600 for 30oz and so on. Luckily I exclusively pump so it's easy to keep track.
  • flyingcereal
    flyingcereal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I added another 500 to my calories intake as well.
  • backbendy223
    backbendy223 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It said my daily calories should be 1580 so I just add breastfeeding as an exercise. I just put that it burns 300 calories a day because I have no solid idea and I don't want to think I'm burning more than I actually am. I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I don't know how much baby boy is eating at a feeding. So 1580 + 300 puts me at 1880 calories a day which is around where I want to be. It's a hard balance. I don't want my milk supply to drop.