Squat Form

Options
dalerst
dalerst Posts: 174 Member
After a bit of advice on my squat Form. As the weight is increasing I feel that my form is dropping. My knees seem to be going to far forward and it looks like my back is starting to bend at the bottom of the rep. Please help.

https://youtu.be/YEb8n9c0948

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I don't see an issue with knee travel and low back/pelvis rounding is minimal. Nice work.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with forward knee travel and in your case I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with how forward your knees are. Many people squat with their knees going past the toes and I think it's generally fine as long as everything else is in a good spot (barbell over mid-foot and traveling in a mainly straight path).

I'd like to see the squat from the front -- I suspect there's some knee collapse going on where the knees are going inward as you start to fatigue and this is something that may need to be addressed either via cueing or stance changes or strengthening of the glute medius or some combination of those things.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I've been working on them for the last few days and have managed to get in more of a sitting position and my knees back more, it does feel much better that way. Also ditched the trainer which is helping as well.

https://youtu.be/XIhHOkym7HI
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I think you hit parallel better on the prior video.

But you also appeared to not have the knees follow the angle of the feet as to where they pointed on prior one.
    Like feet pointing out, but knees traveling more forward.
    If you merely did improvement, they would not go as far forward, and may have been what you did on this video.