New here

Options
krazyforyou
krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
I feel like a human yoyo. I have lost and gained the same 4lbs for the last month. Dirtnap told me to join to get great advice here. I just began IIFYM almost a week ago. My calorie count went up by 300, but I find I need them to meet my protein and fat macro. Is it normal to have a variance in weight while my body adjusts yo this. Do I eat back exercise calories. Seem to be at a stand still here and am ready to start losing again. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I feel like a human yoyo. I have lost and gained the same 4lbs for the last month. Dirtnap told me to join to get great advice here. I just began IIFYM almost a week ago. My calorie count went up by 300, but I find I need them to meet my protein and fat macro. Is it normal to have a variance in weight while my body adjusts yo this. Do I eat back exercise calories. Seem to be at a stand still here and am ready to start losing again. Thanks for any help.

The first thing I would question is why you raised your calorie intake by 300 if you were previously stalled on weight loss. Can you tell me what happened in the past week?

It's normal to gain weight when you make fast increases in calorie intake. Typically a combination of food weight and potentially fluid weight, but depending on where your calorie intake was before raising it, possibly fat gain as well.

So just a worst case scenario that I'm not claiming to be the case, if you were stuck because you were previously eating at maintenance, and you then added 300 kcals to your diet, you're going to gain weight.

But for now, I'd check this thread out so you can first review your logging and food intake accuracy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
This discussion has been closed.