bullet proof coffee

Options
62apples
62apples Posts: 132 Member
Are you doing or have done bullet proof coffee?

How did it affect you?
Any benefits or downsides?
Let us know so that we do not make the same mistakes.
Or...tell us what we need to do to be successful.

Replies

• jonah92013
    jonah92013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not exactly the same as Bulletproof, but I put about 28g of coconut oil in my coffee in the morning. Tastes good, very filling and a good source of fat. Definitely think it's helping with my weight loss goals.
  • mozeland
    mozeland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things about this diet. Whipped cream, vanilla, coconut oil, butter, stevia, sometimes cacao, or coco, or cinnamon with my coffee. I am ordering some hazelnut extract and almond extract to try. So FUN!! And Loosing weight!
  • oddindividual
    oddindividual Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You guys are hardcore. I just put one tbsp of butter in it :p
  • Muffinpops
    Muffinpops Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to BPC - Can you use decaf?
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Muffinpops wrote: »

You can use whatever you want! It's just the "vehicle" that you use to get the fats in to your body. I will say, last I checked, caffeine assisted in upping your metabolism.
  • kathyhibbs413
    kathyhibbs413 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Blending it is a great suggestion. I started putting 1TBSP coconut oil and 1 TBSP butter in my coffee and pulsing it on the Ninja. It's like having a frothy coffee house treat every morning.
  • maries31964
    maries31964 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    12 oz coffee, 4tbsp heavy cream, 2 tbsp grass fed butter (Kerry gold unsalted), 1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT Vanilla Hazelnut by NOW and 1 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract its alcohol free. I have this at 6 am and most days I don't eat until 2 in the afternoon and will have another or fat and veggie like Kale and Spinach sautéed in 2 tbsp butter . Helps getting that fat in!!!
  • maries31964
    maries31964 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Muffinpops Member
    August 1, 2017 5:56PM

Yes I use decaf in my second one actually most strict Ketoians say no caffeine as it can stress adrenals.