Craving Pickles and salt

Options
EllaLeahB
EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
I'm not a fan of pickles, but I'm craving them like crazy! It's almost like a pregnancy craving, so odd. (I'm definitely not pregnant, not possible).. guess my body is telling me to up my sodium intake. Mmmmmm crunchy dill pickles..

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I get vinegar cravings like mad sometimes --- like putting mustard directly on pickles. I googled it and ya, saw that it's a pregnant thing ... couldn't find many guys talking about it. :D
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Lol..
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I get vinegar cravings like mad sometimes --- like putting mustard directly on pickles. I googled it and ya, saw that it's a pregnant thing ... couldn't find many guys talking about it. :D

When's the Baby shower, you big, bad, butch bloke, you....
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

Yep, I get cravings for salty vinegary things too. Mustard on pickles is awesome! Never been pregnant either.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The most hilarious thing about this to me is that I have always been a pickle/salty things junkie. EXCEPT WHEN I WAS PREGNANT. I couldn't do pickles or chocolate almost the whole time!!! The first 5 months I could hardly tolerate meat/eggs, sweets, etc. I lost a TON in the first 4-5 months, and gained all of it back towards the end! It was really strange...

But even thinking about pickles and the tang right now is making my mouth water... I think some people are just wired that way. I remember a friend and I when we were younger, her grandpa, with whom she lived, would buy extra jars of pickles for the weekends we'd have weekend long sleepovers!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

Love pickles anytime, night or day, and YES mustard with them is AWESOME. Never preggers either. Just been eating them as long as I can remember. Just a tip, dijon mustard is better than yellow on them B)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my eldest daughter, I got a desperate urge, one evening to have some (UK) famous Hayward's Mixed Pickles; carrots, cauliflower florets, gherkins, onions, red peppers.... God, I HAD to have them.

51TlFDwrezL._SY355_.jpg

This, at about 8 o'clock at night, when (35 years ago) the shops didn't stay open... the only stores you would then have found open, were the "Corner Shops" run by Indian Pakistani owners.

So my poor dear then-husband climbed into the car. he returned a short while later with the biggest jar he could find - a whopping 2lb jar packed with luscious pickles!

I demolished it in around 10 minutes.
    I ate every single morsel.

And after that, I never got that craving again.

But boy, do I still love 'em!