TMI - Bowel Movements after VSG???

Options
2»

Replies

• chavezmr
    chavezmr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I do after I wake up is drink fluids, for the most part that will flush me out. Sometimes hot tea helps if I am really constipated. Also I noticed the pain meds make me more constipated as if is a side effect of opioids. Staying hydrated is the biggest thing to avoid it, and maybe a ducolax nightly.

Javier
    VSG2012-VSGrepaired2017
  • GailK1967
    GailK1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can go 7 days without a BM and man it's sore by the 5th day. Now I take a mild laxative on day 3 and 4 and 2 on day 5. This way I get a good clear out without violent diarrhea. But one does nothing and if I take 2 without building up I'll be a heaving wreck on the floor with griping agony.

I've tried liquid laxatives but I just can't bear swallowing them.
  • elle77belle
    elle77belle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm STILL having issues and I'm 9 months post-op. I really am trying to up my water intake but still I get stuck for like up to 7 days sometimes and I was on the worst stall for 2 months. I just barely started losing weight again. 3 pounds so far after 2 months, but better than getting stuck.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Try either Senokot or a tea called Smoothe Move. The tea actually tastes pretty good (slightly sweet and mildly minty), and I can guarantee you that it works...I would recommend taking it T night but don't plan on going to far for at least the first half of the next day