Heavy Cream Powder?

Options
sisterlilbunny
sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
So I'm pricing out the basics for a good Keto pantry (the different flours/meals, sweeteners, et al) and came across Heavy Cream Powder. You add water to it, mix and then chill over night. Which yes is a pain if I want to make keto ice cream right then and there but hey, at least it would be on hand! ;)

It's sweet cream solids which if I'm seeing right is generally heavy cream. Has any one used it? Have you had good success with it? I like shelf stable stuff and it's a good price (and good company) but man, I'm so jumpy with products lately...

thanks in advance!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was going to attempt to have it shipped to a country where cream isn't readily available, to cook with, but it was cost prohibitive. I've not heard of anyone actually using it.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Here's an Amazon item page with quite a few reviews and Q&A:
    Heavy Cream Powder Jar
    Hoosier Hill Farm (2 lbs)
    Gluten Free and Hormone Free. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYWVKO0
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That looks similar to the one I was looking at. Different reconstitution ratios but similar. I suppose I could be n=1 and try it. For science right?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    That looks similar to the one I was looking at. Different reconstitution ratios but similar. I suppose I could be n=1 and try it. For science right?

Report back, eh? Maybe I'll join you....