August 16 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Question for the tribe: I am going back to Crossfit today but I have a hard time figuring out how to log it. (MFP realllly has to update their exercises!) The class is an hour, 10 min warm up, then work on a lifting skill then a 20-25 min high intensity workout then cool down. lfiting and body weight and cardio all mixed together. By the time I'm done I'm pouring sweat! Anyway, how should I log this? Aerobics? Any suggestions would be cool. Thank you!
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Question for the tribe: I am going back to Crossfit today but I have a hard time figuring out how to log it. (MFP realllly has to update their exercises!) The class is an hour, 10 min warm up, then work on a lifting skill then a 20-25 min high intensity workout then cool down. lfiting and body weight and cardio all mixed together. By the time I'm done I'm pouring sweat! Anyway, how should I log this? Aerobics? Any suggestions would be cool. Thank you!

Is there an intense aerobics? Sounds a little more strenuous then a normal aerobics. Hopefully you can figure out. What @trixsey1 said sounds good also. I never did this as I did not know it calculated for you for your weight I thought we had to input everything and I had no idea how to do that...lol
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today. A good walk this morning and a fun bike ride this afternoon.
    MFP still says I haven't lost any weight as I actually put on a fair bit after joining. I was unable to exercise post op. That extra weight is just beginning to come off now so hopefully I'll see progress soon.
    @trixsey1 , well done for your loss. That's great !
    @RangerRickL , hope you're better soon
    @craigo3154 , looks like a lovely place!

@everyone, hope you're all having (or have had) a good healthy day :-)
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    NSV: I am down one size. Shopping is getting to be fun again.
    @craigo3154 Good to see where you like to walk. Some very challenging steep hills. Congrats on your NSV.
    @RangerRickL Congrats on your incredible consistency with being gluten free and staying within a particular zone. Great NSV.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options

@conchita962. Log it as "CrossFit" (case is important) put in your weight and the number of minutes. "CrossFit" is in the database.

Alternatively you could make a single custom activity "Crossfit" and log that. You would need to guess at the calorie burn. Use calories burned for run intensity in same timeframe as a guide.

No need to be precise on estimated calorie burn. +/- 50% would be fine. Consumed and expended calories "outside the lab" is not an exact science, more artful guesswork (but it's the best rough guide we have).

Once logged once, it will come up in quick selections. On the web you can copy from day to day when required.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    16-August-2017

It was a beautiful morning for a bike ride. I did hill repetitions for 75 minutes.

Full disclosure, here: cycling is NOT my cardio of choice AND hills make me want to WEEP. Today, I managed 400 metres of total climb--not earth shattering, but a good achievement for me!

Cycling is a great workout for days when I need something low impact and just to change things up :) . I also wore my beloved ankle weights at work, and did 7500 steps. I'm so happy that I'm getting lean, again. I can't wait to measure myself, this weekend.

I had yes for exercise, calories, and tracking.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's NSVs. You are all so inspiring!