August 13 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Happy Birthday, to you,
    Happy Birthday, to you,
    Happy Birthday to Rick, our Buckaroo-oooo,
    Happy Birthday, to you!! ~

Happy Birthday, Rick, enjoy your special day!!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sorry for going AWOL the last few days. Dr put me on new meds on Monday for a minor complaint and I've developed side effects that are much worse than the original problem so have decided to stop taking today. So my check ins for last few days

9th pass#2
    10th pass#3
    11th yes x3
    12th pass#4 oops :(

Today have tracked and under calories but no exercise. Hoping to be back properly tomorrow although will be a tough day as I have to take my eldest daughter into hospital for minor surgery so lots of hanging around getting worried/bored.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 13
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 7 Km in 57 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Walk was a slightly slower pace than yesterday (was intentionally not pushing as hard). Was surprised to beat the hour mark for the 7km (374m (1200ft) elevation gain). Normally when I do not push I am a good 2 mins over the hour for the same walk.

Fish and chips for dinner (minus the chips :) - didn't want them). Still had ice cream. :)

Got racing quad (RC drone) working today. At full speed it will do over 40 mph. There is a lot of technology on those little machines (full flight weight around 1 pound). Flies well, just needs some tuning (and pilot needs more experience :) ). I also can fly RC helicopters and know all the rules and regs (and laws) on how to keep it safe.

@RangerRickL. Happy birthday.
    @aeshippers. Hope your daughter recovers quickly.
    @trixsey1. Well done on the PB. Awesome. 21km+ in a day. Well done.
    @lamlam2013. Happy anniversary.
    @Slimpossible007. Look after yourself. Strained muscles take time to repair but do need some exercise to promote blood flow and healing after the first couple of days. Had my share of strains and sprains in the past (competitive figure skating).
    @pribud. Well done for having what you want AND keeping in budget. Brilliant. Thats the way to do it. (And thank you. My walks are generally getting faster. I'm doing times now I never thought were possible for me when I started).
    @marthall. You are on the right plan, just give it time. Weight is fickle, size less so (waist measurement is more reliable indication of body fat). Also make sure you are getting enough protein if weight training.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Checking in once a week. So far yes x 3 resealed the driveway today. Just taking things day by day. I wish hubby would heal faster getting tired of being nurse Nancy. My coworkers give me credit though I think a few are second guessing the getting old and marriage thing. One is changing her vows so she doesn't say the sickness part. Lol
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Aug 13th

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Workouts:- 30 mins of strength training ((3kg [6lbs] and 4kg [8lbs] weights))

Walking/Cycling:-
    Started my day with a bike ride, 20km. Lots of hills which were brutal, but made it, lol.
    The old colliery I passed, has been turned into a nature reserve, so had a lovely ponder around the ponds and grassland there.
    Took the woofies for their walk as usual, 2½ hours, steady pace, few slight hills.

Total distance 27.6km

Total steps walked today: 10,369
    Total calories burned: 1500
    Total calories consumed: 1309/ 1320

@Pribud, @sandera2, @fightingthetideofaging, @craigo3154 - Thank you!
    @Pribud - congrats on your 2k walk - nice NSV there and for not going over on your calories but still enjoying your meal - well done to you!
    @RangerrickL - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    @lamlam2013 - Happy Anniversary!

I'll leave you with a few piccies...

vpinovtjc37j.jpg
    6qixg5esibr6.jpg
    9x8k49drc81e.jpg
    rtraupcragnd.jpg
    tfa8bz78595u.jpg
    75rrgbzi1v11.jpg
    dcz1am6mun4b.jpg
    df7y810tw56j.jpg
    v6ctzbkyu59v.jpg
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    In Red Deer Alberta for a pickle ball tournament. Pass #3 and #4. We exert a lot of energy(burn calories) but we also need more than your usual fuel/food. No worries. Tomorrow everything is back to normal. Lifestyle not a diet.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rick!!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday uncle @RangerRickL! :)

@aeshippers that sounds scary. Glad you're off them and getting better. Good luck and sending best wishes.

@trixsey1 love the pics! Thanks for sharing. What a lot of ground you covered!

@Dosse1320 thanks for the important reminder. Lifestyle not diet it is! Today was always intended as a pass day for me... and pass day number 1 it is. I over did it on the wine. I haven't tracked it. I had fun. :pB)

Who else gets the Perseid's meteor shower? Just seen one. Going to leave the curtains open and hope to see more!
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @RangerRickL -

- My bike is taking a nap. I can't believe how long my bike has been taking a nap.
    - I am on track and under budget for sedentary but still slouching.
    - I got a plan for tomorrow though. Ride my bike and go see Buddy. That little rascal. I bet he didn't get much activity this summer. Well it looks like we both will have some catching up to do.

25cp7yl4p9zu.jpg
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Gonna pass for today just been a tired day tho I stayed in my calorie limit.

@RangerRickL Happy Birthday Sir I hope you've had a great year and cheers to another great year.

PASS 1/3.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    Today was always intended as a pass day for me... and pass day number 1 it is. I over did it on the wine. I haven't tracked it. I had fun. :wink:

OMG I just tracked it! What a lot of empty calories! If I were a giant I might be in my calorie limit. As it is ah well.

@bocasdelbadbob I hope Buddy has a happy return to school. Pleased you're with him again. Your bike looks fed up in that picture though! :)

@SimonsChange 13's my lucky number. We'll have success tomorrow. But your pass on exercise is better than my pass on calories as @craigo3154 has set up as the uac mantra:you can't out exercise a bad diet.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,287 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @RangerRickL
    I agree @craigo3154 I have been doing light stretches etc but nothing I would count as real exercise :)

3 yesses today managed 25 miles on the bike to kinda catch up for doing nothing for 2 days 1 1/4 hours .. and a numb bum

calories are super low today so I am having a little drink .. and even if I finish the bottle I will be no where near my allotted cals .. :)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Again Happy Bday @rangerrickL. @aeshippers well wishes for your daughter tomorrow. It is tough when it is family. @slimpossible glad that you are on the mend.

Saturday I was exhausted. I think adding the strength workouts took a toll on me. Skipped my morning workout. Had an active rest day with 25 minute casual walk and worked two hours in the garden. Then hung out on my porch with a novel. Haven't done that all summer. Got rejuvenated. Tracked and was good with calories.

Today, Got an early 27 mile hilly bike ride in, then helped my daughter with moving and unpacking at the new apartment. Did a lots of flights of stairs carrying boxes. Tracked and under calories because of the bike ride. Have a great week!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y

@RangerRickL -- Happy Birthday, looks like you had fun in Chicago!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes...45 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    DId I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk only today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I'm back on target today, except that I've got a sore throat and a cold. Sheesh! Not a great way to be on my birthday, but I have not been ill for 20 months, so rejoice!!
    Calories: under by a nice margin
    Tracking: good
    Exercise: farm activity for about 30 minutes.
    @trixsey1 What is the old building and apparatus in the photos? In which country and approximately where are you walking? I'd like to look it up on Google Earth.
    Thanks, Rick