Question About TDEE & Weight Training

Options
Hi! I'm 5'2, 115lbs., and I work out 5-6 (mostly 6) days a week. My question is do I consider my yoga days when considering my TDEE? I lift 4 days a week and do light yoga (Hatha?) 2 days. Very light. My TDEE is set at 1709-1790 calories for moderate workouts 3x wk, 1847 4x wk, and around 1904-1926 5x per week. My cals are set at 1500 right now because I just started maintenance, and was afraid to go over by too much just starting out, but I'm losing energy fast during my workouts. I don't want that at all. I want to focus on building strength, muscles and toning. What do you think would be a safe calorie range for me to start with? 1500 is not working but I'm scared to go too high. Not sure if light yoga is considered moderate working out. Sort of leaning towards splitting the difference and starting with 1800. Thoughts? I'll open my diary for a few days, in case that helps any. Thanks so much!

Replies

• Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE is similar to mine. I was at 1500 calories too, and I bumped mine to 1750 a few weeks ago. That way if I underestimate its still okay, but frankly I have a hard time eating 1750 calories each day. I'd recommended bumping up in increments of about 200 and see how you do. :)
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Thanks Lenora! That helps me out a lot. Almost all TDEE calculators are saying 1700s as the lowest, so that's a great place to start. I'll see how I feel and if I can maintain after 2 weeks. Thanks again!
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can I FR you girls? I need to learn more about TDEE's!