Work Lunch Meeting

Options
LolaDeeDaisy23
LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
Today is my first official work lunch meeting. I'm meeting with my supervisors and peers and they ordered a boxed lunch from Panera Bread. It comes with a sandwich, chips, and a cookie.
I'm a little upset how they didn't ask us what we wanted for lunch. What if we had a food allergy? Anyway, I'm a little upset and don't know what to do. I purposely didn't bring lunch because I knew we were having a lunch meeting, but I assumed they would have asked us what we would like to eat. Ugh. What do I do? Not eat while everyone else is eating?

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Depending on what's in the sandwiches (eg. meat and cheese?), I would either open it up and just eat the inside of the sandwich, or just eat nothing at all.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Last time we did a lunch meeting, we did Panera, and I ended up with horrible blazing knee pain about 30 minutes after we ate. I had half a panini and soup. Still no idea what did it. You could try taking the meat off the sandwich and eating that, and just skipping the rest. Then make a point of having to go grab more food after the meeting is over... But if your company is big enough to have an HR, I'd mention it to the HR person - NOT to complain, but to spread awareness - so many people are on health restricted diets, have allergies, etc. Ordering like that was just ... obtuse??
    ...but some places won't care. We showed everyone a menu and let everyone order as they choose. I can't fathom not being willing to take the time to custom order, but then again, I'm an awesome admin...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I'd pretty much planned to do about the same thing next time we have a meeting and need to order food! I wish I had developed my gumption as you as you are doing! :)