Trigger Foods

Options
2»

Replies

• pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My son baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I haven't had trouble with anything until them. The smell when I walked in. My head exploded. I felt like I was in a trap. I had a bite of one- it was everything I knew it would be. They were on the counter all evening and this morning. They better be gone when I get home I only have so much will power. I can resist just about everything but that really threw me.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    My son baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday.
    I feel your pain. ;)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    My son baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I haven't had trouble with anything until them. The smell when I walked in. My head exploded. I felt like I was in a trap. I had a bite of one- it was everything I knew it would be. They were on the counter all evening and this morning. They better be gone when I get home I only have so much will power. I can resist just about everything but that really threw me.

Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, WHO CAN BLAME YOU
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    ccruz985 wrote: »
    What exactly is a trigger food? Forgive me, I'm usually more astute but I can't figure it out. Triggers you to eat and get sick or to get upset that someone else has it or...?

A trigger food is a specific food that sets off a course of overeating where control is lost.

Oh, well. Diet Coke. It's not a food, I know, but talk about a gateway drug!!! Honey graham crackers. A serving size is two sheets. I'm lucky if I stop at one of the three packages that come in the damn box.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a trigger food? Forgive me, I'm usually more astute but I can't figure it out. Triggers you to eat and get sick or to get upset that someone else has it or...?

A trigger food is a specific food that sets off a course of overeating where control is lost.

Oh, well. Diet Coke. It's not a food, I know, but talk about a gateway drug!!! Honey graham crackers. A serving size is two sheets. I'm lucky if I stop at one of the three packages that come in the damn box.

me too! Those are just impossible to resist--I finally had to stop buying them since I can't hold myself to what they call a serving. I've lost count of how many boxes of those I've finished off while watching a movie!

• prettydreamy
    prettydreamy Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    i like iwon protein chips in ranch (i buy them at wegmans) or health wise brand protein chips in ranch, bbq, and pizza flavors (which i order on netrition). i keep those around for times when i want a treat. the quest protein chips were so weird to me. they had no crunch!