Fit Test

Options
clarkeje1
clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
I will post the rules about the fit test here.

Replies

• clarkeje1
    Options
    So the fitness test at the beginning and the end of the month is going to be this:
    Do as many of the following exercises as you can in 1 minute:
    Jumping jacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYwZH_BNd0
    Push ups http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh00_rniF8E
    Sit ups http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fbU_MkV7NE
    Burpees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-aaPSgZWs
    Squats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrBgI2RxA
    So that means 1 minute, do as many jumping jacks as you can. Then 1 minute, as many push ups as you can... and so on. Then when you do the fitness test at the end of the month, try to see if you can score higher than you did at the beginning :) Attached are videos of the proper techniques for each exercise
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Quick Question

Do we do the exercise test continuous or do we have a rest between set?
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    You can rest for 1 min between sets if you want ;)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's a relief or my burpees would be 0 after the continuous of the first three exercise :) Burpees I love to hate them, but they are so good for you!

Thanks for doing this challenge, looking forward to it!
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Great! Yeah I'm pumped for this challenge as well :)
  • aschn620
    aschn620 Posts: 26
    Options
    This'll be interesting for me. I can tell you right now that I can't do a sit up or a push up to save my life. I will still try to do them, but if I can't can I modify or just have 0's? I didn't even know what a burpee was and after watching the video I thought NO WAY, but I actually was able to do one when I tried, as for how many I'll be able to do in a minute, I don't know lol. I'm interested to see how I will improve! :)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    This'll be interesting for me. I can tell you right now that I can't do a sit up or a push up to save my life. I will still try to do them, but if I can't can I modify or just have 0's? I didn't even know what a burpee was and after watching the video I thought NO WAY, but I actually was able to do one when I tried, as for how many I'll be able to do in a minute, I don't know lol. I'm interested to see how I will improve! :)

I have no issues with modifications for sit-ups, push-ups: The point is trying and testing yourself and improving. I say this because I have to modify a few things because I have two bad knees and a rotator cuff issue in my left shoulder, so I have to be careful until I can afford to get stuff fixed (otherwise, my one kneecap shifts to the side and the pop in my shoulder can be heard three states away, and when I throw it back in place, it's even messier :P ).

With the others, I think just trying and doing your best is important.
  • clarkeje1
    Options

I have no issues with modifications for sit-ups, push-ups: The point is trying and testing yourself and improving. I say this because I have to modify a few things because I have two bad knees and a rotator cuff issue in my left shoulder, so I have to be careful until I can afford to get stuff fixed (otherwise, my one kneecap shifts to the side and the pop in my shoulder can be heard three states away, and when I throw it back in place, it's even messier :P ).

With the others, I think just trying and doing your best is important.

I agree! And some of the videos should include modifications, if not you can look them up on youtube. Let us know if you have any questions about modifications!
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Results of my first fit test:

Jumping jacks 80
    Push ups 17
    Sit ups 24
    Burpees 15
    Squat jumps 41

How did everyone else do?
  • Dedicated_Macy
    Options
    results of my 1st fit test!!!

Fit Test
    78 jumping jacks
    27 sit ups
    3 push ups <
    eww!
    25 squats
    6 burpees
  • swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My first fit test:

64 jumping jacks
    25 pushups ( 5 on my knees)
    36 situps
    10 burpees
    31 squats
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Round 0 Fit Test

Squats = 41
    Situps = 31
    Jumping Jacks = 71
    Pushups = 15
    Burpees = 15
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Great job on the fit tests! So far, everyone is looking promising. :D Let's continue to work hard and try our best!