Just needing a rant

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
Just needing to went. Cannot get a gp appointment till next week. I just neeef to go asaaarrrggghhhhhhhh

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I also think you need autocorrect lol. No worries, rant away! Someone is here day or night...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Take 4 generic Metformins, chase with 3 oz. Espresso, 6 oz. Magnesium Citrate. ??
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sending all the stress relieving hugs I can... Maybe they can put you on a cancellation/on call list?
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Ugh I most definitely need auto-correct lol or to type without a cat trying to cuddle up to me at the same time....

Finally got to see my GP today, after peeing worse than a diabetic for over 2 weeks. Of course he asked for a urine sample, and my bladder decided that this was the moment to be shy.... First time in two weeks I managed to go 6hrs without needing the loo at all. Who'd have thought?

Added to my list of meds.... Mebeverine.... before every meal, 3 times a day. I tried to explain that it needs to be taken with food, and I only eat 2 times a day, I have never seen such a confused facial expression. I am not going to eat 3 times a day just to stuff myself full with meds. I am sure 2 times a day will be OK... Apart from the days I only eat 1 times a day... :D

He basically thinks my insides are still too inflamed, and it'll help to stop them contracting too much, so to ease inflammation and give me time to heal, then back to the drawing board, trying to figure out what else my body does not like (apart from too much dairy and spices)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Just wondering if the Mebeverine is only suggested for 3x/day because most people eat 3x/day. Perhaps the idea behind it is to take it when you eat because it's only needed at that exact time, rather than several times a day just to spread it out. In that case you would only need it when you ate, whether once a day or twice a day.
    Would that make sense in this case? Or is it needed throughout the day, whether you are eating or not?
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Most people are most symptomatic as the food moves through their system, which would be after eating, He was very keen on me to change my eating habits for a month so that I can take it three times a day. But in my mind, I already know I got IBS and that I am at least gluten intolerant. I know too much dairy and anything too spicy triggers an outbreak, and that oysters and mussels should only be touched if I am at a crawling distance from the bathroom.

I hardly ever eat breakfast, I do lunch and dinner as this is when my body naturally wants food. I do add on an extra meal if my body tells me I need more food, but this is maybe once a month? My argument was and still is: I know my insides is inflamed as it takes very little to trigger anything. Why irritate it 3 times a day and disturb my eating patterns if I am quite happy eating 2 times a day? He could not give me a good answer.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private, so I'm just spitballing here, but have a look at what you're eating and see if you notice any patterns with (be mindful of foods that contain these things, too):

Nightshades (peppers of all sorts include spices like paprika, eggplant, tomatoes; this is my current suggestion given your "too spicy" complaint)
    Seed based spices (mustard, coriander, etc)
    High fiber items of any sort, especially raw
    Alternative sweeteners
    Tree nuts
    Gums (guar gum, etc)
    Chocolate
    Eggs
    Soy or any legumes
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Your diary is private, so I'm just spitballing here, but have a look at what you're eating and see if you notice any patterns with (be mindful of foods that contain these things, too):

Nightshades (peppers of all sorts include spices like paprika, eggplant, tomatoes; this is my current suggestion given your "too spicy" complaint) Daily, I am fine up to a hot madras, but once I hit my favourite vindaloo or extra spicy curry, the head says OMG lovely, and the tummy says Oh Oh she's done it again
    Seed based spices (mustard, coriander, etc) Daily
    High fiber items of any sort, especially raw Daily, I like my raw veggies
    Alternative sweeteners Daily, guilty as charged in my coffee
    Tree nuts Once or maybe twice a week
    Gums (guar gum, etc) Xanthan gum now and then
    Chocolate 85-90% dark about once every 4 weeks, a few squares
    Eggs Daily, and more than just the one
    Soy or any legumes Maybe once a week

I also love celery, onion, beetroot, asparagus and garlic which is high on the list over irritants
    This is why I struggle to put my finger on it, too much carbs is a definite disaster area (by carbs here I mean anything containing gluten free flours, which again usually contains xanthan gum) Hence I severely limit myself, I usually manage to plan one higher carb day every couple of months and I have a GF roll (filled with bacon, fried eggs and 98% meat sausages of course)

• Dragonwolf
    Options
    Sounds like you could benefit from a hard-reset elimination diet.

If you can swing it, check out the "meativore" or "carnivore" posts and sister group and try that for 4-6 weeks and then slowly add stuff back in.

If you can't swing it (it is, admittedly, tough mentally), then have a look at the Autoimmune Protocol and do that for 4-6 weeks, then add stuff back in.

Either one will be a challenge, but it'll definitely be worth it to root out your trigger foods, get off all (or at least part) of the meds, and finally start feeling well.

Also, :hugs: I can sympathize with the frustration and just wanting to feel human again. I don't have IBS, but I do have some other sensitivities that result in things like migraines and other stuff that interfere with life in general.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I second the Autoimmune protocol - did it myself- you'll probably learn a lot.... Good luck.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    I have now been on these tabs for a week and a half, and I must admit they are working miracles. I have to admit, I am really enjoying feeling almost normal again. However, I am not accepting taking tablets each time I want to eat. I have been googling Autoimmune protocol, reading up on it, as I want to figure out my triggers. I'd appreciate any links to good sites you might have, in case I have missed any. Thank you.
  • Dragonwolf
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I think there are some more in the Launch Pad, but here are a few to get you started:

https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/
    https://aiplifestyle.com/what-is-autoimmune-protocol-diet/

These two are my go-to for the "what is AIP" and "what can I eat on AIP" questions.

https://chriskresser.com/5-steps-to-personalizing-your-autoimmune-paleo-protocol/

This is a fantastic one for providing a framework for what to do with it over the long run.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Thank you, much appreciated