Weigh In: August 2017

Options
ColtonrDaniels
ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
As August rolls in it's a great reminder that this heat is hopefully over with. Want to thank everyone for doing this. With only a few months left in the year, what do you plan on goal wise?

I saw this article about cheat days and such and it really makes sense. Maybe check it out? https://www.foodbeast.com/news/john-cena-cheat-days/

I just came back from Orlando and put in for an apartment. Pretty nervous since I need to have a job. Finished up my QA Analyst course so going to apply to some game studios. About 3 months till I move.

We also have a Facebook if you want to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/495277577482848/

Replies

• Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Another mediocre month for me. I'm not sure if it's just the summer months or what but I was losing much easier in the winter.

Current Weight: 278.2
    Start July Weight: 282.6
    Lost in July: 4.4
    Total Lost: 136.8
    Goal Weight: 220 for now

I made the mistake of signing up for a HealthyWage bet a couple months back, and I think that is negatively affecting me as well. I had hoped that it would provide more incentive for me to keep going for the next 9 months, but instead it just makes me more anxious and every slow loss (or small gain) seems worse because of it. :neutral:
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    Is that the betting thing I see? You bet fake money you can lose so much? Sorry to hear that.
  • Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Is that the betting thing I see? You bet fake money you can lose so much? Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, it's a site/app where you set a weight loss goal for a specific date and bet real money on it. If you hit your goal they pay out a certain amount (depending on your bet, your percentage to lose and the time period). If you don't hit your goal then you lose your money.

It seemed like a decent deal since I had been losing fairly steadily for over a year, but so it goes.
  • big_jon_1988
    big_jon_1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I put on a few pounds in Mexico, back up to 214, I'm planning to cut back down to 210, then maintain for a month, then slowly start bulking.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    Any chance we can get some pictures? It's really hard to cut back on vacation, also when it's food you never had. What was the highlight? Maybe toss it over at facebook too and here.
  • big_jon_1988
    big_jon_1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Can't post it here because I'm on mobile, but I can throw a couple up on Facebook.
  • Rwa55
    Rwa55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Once again I've been MIA. But I'm finally back at University where I'll be able to keep a regular diet and work out schedule.

In the last month I have really gotten back into running. Recently broke my regular for longest distance 4.50 Miles in 40 mins. I have also ran a total of 34.89 miles in the last month.

Hopefully will be able to get a new scale within the next week so I can post an update.