Insomnia

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
It's 2:43 and I can't sleep... Second night in a row... I hate this!

Replies

• lowedude
    lowedude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have my sympathies. I was up mist of the night as well. I've been having thus issue for months. It's so frustrating. I get so exhausted that my workout routine falls apart.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That was one of my WORST symptoms. 100mg of progesterone, at bedtime, has improved my sleep by like 80%. As has sliding through menopause. (I'm coming up on a year soon).
    Melatonin helped a bit too
    As did all the different drugs I tried. Benadryl etc. But only if I rotated them.

Feel better soon!
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the actual insomnia symptoms yet, but these night sweats and the resulting cold flashes (often with full blown shivering sessions) are definitely disrupting my sleep. Of course, I have to get up 1-3 times a night to potty anyway. I'm not one for napping, but I do find myself taking more naps as of late.

Melatonin helps me on those nights when I have too much on my mind. I take the MidNite brand every work night so I'm not fretting about all that I need to do the next day.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    My insomnia seems to be related to my panic attacks and anxiety.... I have had anxiety for a long time but it wasn't until menopause that it would give me insomnia..... It is awful.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Yep, I can relate to all of this. Woke up WIDE awake today at 0200. Did laundry, make some homemade chicken noodle soup, washed dishes, made coffee. Then, right before my alarm went off at 0415, I dozed off
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Is that the definition of insomnia; that you can fall asleep but not stay soundly asleep? If it is, that's me too.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    It's so frustrating
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    Options
    I have always had insomnia, but it's so much worse than it used to be. I wake up with every hot flash.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I would love at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Oh I can just imagine it
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When I was at my worst with insomnia I had two small prescriptions: one for Hydroxyzine (an antihistamine), and one for Lorazepam. If I went more than a few days without a *reasonable* amount of sleep, I would take one or the other of those. My doc said, and I ultimately agreed, that insomnia (and all of its side effects) was probably harder on my body than the occasional (OCCASIONAL) prescription pill.

I seem to be on the other end of this as I FAST approach my one year mark (TOMORROW!!!)**

** except for 2 short bleeds caused by tweaking my progesterone about six months ago.