How do you get in enough protein each day?

Options
Hello Powerlifters,

I've been told that a powerlifter needs a minimum of 1g protein per kg of bodyweight, and ideally 1.6 g per kg. That would put me around 160g of protein per day.

I have a protein bar for breakfast and a protein shake in the afternoon for about 45g, then eat lunch and dinner with meat and dairy, and still come up well short.

Any suggestions on how to squeeze in extra protein? In particular, I don't want to eat tons of eggs or chicken as I'm pretty tired of them. Also, looking for low calorie options.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Fat free greek yogurt, tuna, tilapia, swai, salmon, leaner cuts of beef, venison, bison, literally anything with a pulse, milk protein isolate, fat free cheese, low-fat cottage cheese, etc.
  • verylargearray
    verylargearray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the many healthy ideas!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth, then I chew it, then I swallow it. Repeat as necessary.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can’t get there without a whey shake plus I drink a protein water on the way home from the gym so I don’t pig out at dinner lol.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You should be able to view my diary. I eat a lot of the same things. I have cottage cheese every day, along with a shake and a protein bar. I use things like egg whites, shrimp, peas, chicken, and high protein low fat yogurt to help me meet my goals.