Will eating carbs harm my loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Ground beef is often less than $2 a pound.
    You still have to buy food.
    Meat and frozen veg are cheap.

Dang, where do you live? Its not at my local grocery stores.

I'm in Ohio. Meijer stores have it on sale regularly for as little as $1.77 sometimes. Usually it's $1.89. Last week was $2.89 or something close to that. I didn't buy any then.
    They have chicken thighs or legs for about $1 (sometimes less) too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Ground beef is often less than $2 a pound.
    You still have to buy food.
    Meat and frozen veg are cheap.

Dang, where do you live? Its not at my local grocery stores.

I only find it that cheap when buying a "tube" of 75/25 that is 5 or 10 pounds. I don't know if you have an Aldi near you, but they generally have great prices. Right now 80/20 ground beef is $2.19/pound. $2.99 or $3.29 per pound regularly.

Something you can try is to mix ground beef and ground turkey together. It stretches them, but you still get real been flavor. Another thing is to mix garlic powder in when cooking ground turkey. It really cuts the "gamey" flavor you get from it. Look at random places like Walgreens and CVS... Sometimes their 1 pound frozen tubes of ground beef or turkey are literally $1-$2. It may or may not be advertised.

Even a $4 per pound piece of steak can make 2 meals for 2 people (including my carnivore fiance who things meat is all that should be in anyone's diet sometimes) if paired with the right frozen veg and sides... Pork can be stuffed, rolled with cream cheese and fresh veg/herbs/etc., pan fried, etc. Chicken can be stuffed, rolled, pounded thin, used in soup, etc.

Sending the best of luck...

P.S. Believe me, I know the struggle. I tend to stock up in my tiny freezer when chicken breasts are $1.79 per pound or ground beef is $2.19 per pound, pork tenderloins are $2 or less per pound, etc.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you have a smaller local meat market in town check there as well. Sometimes they will have bulk buys where they will sell you a variety of meats at a lower price if you buy them all at once.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this thread. Keep those tips coming!