It's all about the Grey Matter

Options
Grey matter is made up of neuronal cell bodies. The grey matter includes regions of the brain involved in muscle control, sensory perception such as seeing and hearing, memory, emotions, and speech. While 20% of all oxygen taken in by the body goes to the brain, 95% of that goes specifically into the grey matter.

Let's begin to expand on the last post. As I said earlier It is really not to difficult to understand what you have to do to start gaining control of your dietary intake. There are really only 3 basic principles to follow. However I do understand that those 3 little principles contain mountains of information within each principle.

Starting with balanced properly proportioned meals. In the simplest terms possible follow this thought: There are 3 categories that we usually track in our meals.

• Protein
• Carbohydrates
• Fats

Now in a perfect world we would all only need to have a balanced meal of 33.333% Protein, 33.333% Carbohydrates, and 33.333% Fats. This would provide us with a balanced meal for our dietary intake. Allowing each of us to become perfectly healthy, fit and wise. There is only one problem. It's not a perfect world right now. This means that I may have to make some changes in my balanced meals to achieve my envisioned goal of achieving a healthy body in the future. Consider this: your plate is in the exact shape as a wall clock divided into 3 equal parts. Now as you begin to fine-tune your percentages you may have to make your Protein 40%, and your Carbohydrates 40%, leaving 20% for Fats. By lowering your Fats intake you begin to cause your body to start using it’s reserve supplies of fat in your daily caloric burning activities. Suddenly you begin to loose an inch, then another inch. So on and so on.

What does this have to do with grey matter? Well just as you believe that all 20% of the oxygen goes to the brain, and it does, however 95% of that goes to a specific area. This same principle applies to your dietary intake. So then, if all food goes into the stomach, and it does, what specific areas of the body do each of the three groups go to? Each of these groups goes to different areas of your body to do very different task. Learning how to manage each group to perform maximum task, will give you power to control your entire destiny.

So in closing, By learning how to properly adjust your percentages to achieve maximum results in burning Fat, building lean muscle mass, or providing extra energy to fuel an active life style you will become the master of your dietary intake. Once you understand that it’s only a matter of fine-tuning adjustment, you will have a new found power to control your weight. It will literally change your life. This is the very reason that so many people yo -yo with weight loss plans. As soon as someone takes away their food and meal plans they begin to regain weight. Why? They have not learned how to manage their own caloric needs to maintain their goal. They have not gained any power, they are truly powerless.

IronMan_DuhamNC
"Conquer every Mountain"