Preplanned meals

I've decided that I cannot do OMAD unless I have my dinner already prepared. By the time I get home from work. I'm so ravenous, and ready to tear into a bag of chips, or candy, or whatever is on hand that doesn't have to be prepared. Anyone else had this problem? What did you do about it? Frozen dinners? Cook and freeze?

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I'm also hungry when I get home, what I do is first cut up a few slices of salami, maybe a little cheese and have it out to nibble on while I'm preparing dinner. Even frozen or prepared meals take a little time to get ready. If you've just started recently maybe this is why you are so ravenous, you'll probably find more control over this as you press on. After all, you've waited a day for you meal, what's another 20 minutes or so?
    One idea is to prepare a small salad the night before so that when you get home you can start on that while you fix dinner. Better than chips or candy.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Yes it is. Thanks. Good idea.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2017
    Make a fruit-yogurt smoothie 1st thing and drink it down. Won't take but a couple of minutes and isn't very high calorie and has good nutrients and will keep you from later eating a lot of high carb junk! That was my routine for quite a while.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good ideas guys and I also will chew gum while I'm getting my meal ready :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited August 2017
    I eat chopped veggies (peppers, carrots etc.) while I'm cooking. Oh and red wine!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Drink a glass of milk!