Idiot I am.

Options
3 full weeks in ketosis,moderate or higher levels,lost almost 10 lbs.No more then 40 carbs a day,usually 25 or less and in 1 stupid moment blew myself right out of it and a headache so bad I took one of my old migraine pills. So stupid.Gah.

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    It's OK. Stop beating yourself up. Do a high intensity workout tomorrow, if you can. Also, try to eat very high fat (75%+). This will help get you back into ketosis.

Then watch Fathead and remind yourself why you picked keto Inthe first place.

Learn from this and move on.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    yup, you'll get right back into it. I am sure it's fine. It's better to kill a migraine then not.. :)
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Really, don't stress over it. I have had some major freak out moments over the past months -- for example, I was literally 10 pounds heavier when I returned from vacation. But the weight falls off really fast. And even if the scale is up, you can't really gain actual weight like that from one meal. Just let it motivate you to get keto intense and I would truly bet money that you'll be back to where you were within a week at the most -- and probably even lower.

As a side note, I've been doing keto all year but with scheduled breaks about every 4-6 weeks. I think there is a lot of benefit to carbing up here and there and letting yourself have non-keto meals. You really shouldn't see it as a bad thing -- you're living your life. And that, to me, is what makes the keto lifestyle easily sustainable.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Really, don't stress over it. I have had some major freak out moments over the past months -- for example, I was literally 10 pounds heavier when I returned from vacation. But the weight falls off really fast. And even if the scale is up, you can't really gain actual weight like that from one meal. Just let it motivate you to get keto intense and I would truly bet money that you'll be back to where you were within a week at the most -- and probably even lower.

As a side note, I've been doing keto all year but with scheduled breaks about every 4-6 weeks. I think there is a lot of benefit to carbing up here and there and letting yourself have non-keto meals. You really shouldn't see it as a bad thing -- you're living your life. And that, to me, is what makes the keto lifestyle easily sustainable.

^this