Hi Everyone

Options
park1e
park1e Posts: 19 Member
Just wanted to add a progress report.

I'm a 30 year old male and follow Keto and Intermittent fasting 18/6 fairly strictly. Stick to under 20g carbs a day and less than 1500 cals. I'm down from 110kg (242lb) at my heaviest 3 months ago to 93kg (205lb) now.

I work on the oil rigs 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off and only follow Keto when I'm at work, although I am still lower carb than I used to be when I'm at home (switched to Vodka and diet coke from Beer) My weight goes up 3kg when I'm not at work and when I come back I lose it in the first 2 days so must just be water/Glycogen.

People can say what they want about this diet but it's what works for me. Tried everything else out there with results that were unsustainable. Have more energy now and started going to the gym again this week. Also quit smoking a few days after starting Keto, feeling great about everything nowadays.

Got my blood pressure checked today also and it's down from 127/78 to 120/73. Really can't see any downsides so far, everyone at work has started to follow the same as me also after seeing my results.

Would love to work more veggies into my diet but my choices are fairly limited out here.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Kudos on the weight loss. You don't get hungry on 1500 calories as a 30 year old guy out working on an oil rig? Quitting smoking is huge! Thunbs up!
  • park1e
    park1e Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My hunger actually isn't an issue, trying not to think about it. Can't wait to get down to my target weight though so I can eat at Maintenance. :smiley: