August

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
So quiet in our group the past few months!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I am now walking almost every single day thanks to my high energy dog, it feels good, even when I don't feel well he insists on going so we do at least 2 km a night. He is also working wonders on my anxiety, as soon as my stress level starts to rise he runs to me and leans against me or lays on top of me.

I am also working on being medication compliant and on making healthier food choices, I am not willing to accept any weight gain since I worked way to hard to get under 300 lbs.

How is August going for everyone else?

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am wondering where everyone is myself! Most days I just pop in quickly before work and add my goals for the day, but even there, we are always alone.

Glad to hear you are walking more and feeling better!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I hope everyone is busy enjoying summe and will start coming around more in the fall!!!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey!! great progress you are making walking 2km every day!! way to go!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    We walked 3.44 km tonight and it was hard at the end... fortunately when walking outside you can't just push the end workout button, I still had to get home. The last km was the hardest, I still hope to meet my goal in 2017 of being able to walk a 5 km.
  • gg2007
    Options
    That's soo true lol gotta get back home after, way to go for pushing through! You are well on the way to reaching that goal!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks :smile: it was a sore and slow moving day today but i still did lots of walking whils shopping at costco pushing 40 lbs of dog food and 40 lbs of cat litter!!! Extra work out tonight lol
  • gg2007
    Options
    Wow, that's a whole lot of cat and dog food lol How long does that last? Extra workout! Woo hoo!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Well the cat litter will last two months, the dog food I'm not sure about it's our first time trying this bag, we are fairly new dog owners still!! He is a giant though and does eat a lot!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My cat ate a giant piece of foam last night and I am freaking out today.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! How is Kitty now??? I hope he she passed the foam!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    She is on a high fibre diet (that she hates, lol) but nothing yet, this waiting game is nerve racking
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Yes it sure is!!! Well hopefully it passes and it doesn't become a surgery option. Hurry up and poop it out kitty!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Its been five days and I am still on poop patrol.....
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Poor kitty! Hopefully it has happened
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Nope
    Took her back to the vet again Friday and she manually emptied her bowels :s and said she didnt think it would cause a problem right now as it had not yet....however, she has seen cases where it hangs around in the stomach sometimes for years before anything happens :unamused: