What happens when you return to LCHF after a break?

Options
I recently took a break for 10 days to celebrate a family wedding. I have never done this before and I am wondering what effect it will have on my body and how long will it take for me to start losing weight again

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    10 days @ 3 days recovery per day of backsliding = 30 days of super-strict eating, drinking, logging, exercising, & good sleep.

That should be enough to get your habits reestablished and vanquish any of those pernicious carb cravings!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I cheated for two days last weekend and it took me 4 days to get back into ketosis, plus terrible stomach cramps, keto flu, irritability, the works. I don't ever want to go through that again! Although by Thursday I was in ketosis and already dropped five pounds (gained 2.5 during that weekend).
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone. There was a couple of days where my carb intake went very high, but for most of these days, I was between 100-200g. My carb intake had been 10-30 per day for three months prior to this. I gained 6 lbs during the break and I am certainly not going to be doing this again! I had a tonne of fluid retention and felt like crap.
    I've been back on track for two days now. A little tired but doing ok so far.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Different things happen at different times. I think you just go back to basic...whatever that is for you. You know what has worked previously. Do that as soon as you can. Keep trying til it works again.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's very individual. Even my own experience has varied from time to time. Hope you have a smooth transition back though!
  • aggiepringle6665
    Options
    I answered my own question. Two days of keto flu. Good times.....
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Keto Flu is 100% avoidable. Up your sodium.
  • aggiepringle6665
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Keto Flu is 100% avoidable. Up your sodium.

Done and all good now