Dining Out

Options
Meredith_MI
Meredith_MI Posts: 12 Member
The family ate pizza last night while I ordered salmon with spinach and a side of avocado to replace the potato. They told me I couldn't have avocado (though it was offered on another entree) so I had to have green beans instead. I drowned the whole plate in butter and enjoyed. Still don't understand why I could have avocado if I ordered the burger but not with my salmon. Anyone else found a similar challenge eating out?

Replies

• Meredith_MI
    Meredith_MI Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Better today! Bacon cheese and avocado omelette!m9szm8l1bb94.jpg
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    thankfully haven't run into many challenges while out; I will often order ala cart, or give them a fair warning that my order will be picky- but I will be thankful, lol.

I also tend to just stick to some super basics while out, but have ordered just a side of avocado on several occasions- they charge you an insane amount for probably 75G, but hey...better than that basket of French fries!

Your breakfast this AM looks phenomenal by the way! YUM!
  • rsiegel77
    rsiegel77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Went out to eat with my family for the first time on keto. TGI Fridays, got celery and guacamole for apptetizer (not on the menu but they did it) lettuce wrapped cheeseburger for dinner (asked for mayo instead of the sauce that came on it) but they have lettuce wraps as standard on the menu. Everything was fine, but I never thought I'd be such a high maintenance diner!
  • lavenderdawn7
    lavenderdawn7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    just returned from a trip outta town for a concert, did ok but just realized i'd have to re-keto myself today. was proud that I resisted most temptations, tho. eating out can be a challenge for sure.
  • yo_1st_con_lengua_de_fuera
    Options
    I’m a contractor on the road all the time and every day my biggest struggle is to find where to eat lunch. Any suggestions.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chipotle or Baja Fresh! Order meat, cheese, sour cream, guac (no tortillas or chips). You can usually order a "bowl" of some type, just make sure there's no rice or beans and substitute lettuce.