Weekly Post 13.08. - 19.08.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Sorry peops....been a bit MIA. Lots going on...the good the bad and the ugly. Had three weeks of at home vacation and did not fast during that time. My weight was stable over that time and I am happy with that. Did a lot of stand up paddling. The time on the water was great to clear my head, heart and train my core and arms.

Because I like the fact that my arms and legs are more defined again after biking and paddling a lot this summer, I restarted with full plank push ups and squats every morning. I started with 3x5 of each this week and am slowly increasing the number. I also went running yesterday and my knee blocked after a few km. That means I need to run more regularly.....because then my knees don't do that. Lungs and heart did well on my run, just the knees, that made me stop a few time to loosen them up.

Summer has never been my season to lose weight, thus maintaining is a win. My plan is to continue with the strength exercises, increase my running again slowly as the temperature outside is a little cooler now. I also want to be more successful on my fast days and log more regularly on my non fast days. It's when I let that slip, that my weight slowly creeps up.

My goal on the scale is to get back under 60kg....at 64-64.5kg atm so 5kg less would be awesome. It's been 18mths since I was there.... Maintainance is a b..... sometimes.

On a positive note, though I did have quite a bit of emotional ups and downs the last few months and weeks, my weight has been pretty stable and I seldomly regressed back to mindless eating. I can still eat at anytime and more than my share, but I seem to be less prone to emotional eating. Yay!

Back to work last week and students are back this tuesday. A real routine should help me get back to the fasts. Did do two days of under 1000 last week, which was OK considering all that was going on.

Hope you are all doing well and have a great Sunday!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Flumi! And big congrats to you for curbing that emotional eating!! I'm terrible at times, like you said, mindless eating.... for me, it's when my daughter has ticked me off. I head straight for the wine!! It sounds as though the new eating habits have stuck with you! :)

I am having red Thai curry prawns tonight for dinner! I've only had my shreddies and almond milk today (okay, I'm sitting in the sun drinking a non alcoholic pina colada) but other than that the dinner should be within my reg cal budget.

Monday morning brings my weight workout first thing, so I'll add a plank or two as well, flumi! I go in spurts doing those and coincidentally there was an article from mfp today on doing planks! A 14 day schedule or something....

Hope all is well! Cheers to a new week people!!!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Welcome back @flumi_f we have missed you...
    I am happy to hear that your weight has been stable. That is good! Emotional eating is no fun - been there, done that!
    Those Thai curry prawns sound so yummy @mamainthekitchen! Hope you enjoyed them. I have to look in to planking and upper body strength training / arm exercises eventually. I have some loose skin happening in my arms and it is not fun!
    Our weekend was nice. We had our pool party get together with friends on Saturday and the rain stayed away which was great! Traded in my old SUV for a new one on Friday afternoon (happened really fast) so we got to drive a new car around this weekend which was sweet. I lease so I get a new car every three years. It works for me. :) Yesterday we went to the gym and to the beach. Had some pizza for dinner as a treat. It was nice.
    Light Day today. Sipping on green tea and water to try and flush out the excess salt I ate with the pizza, but darn it was good. LOL Typical Light Day menu for today followed by the gym after work.
    Tomorrow we are taking off to spend the day with my guy's parents. It is his birthday so that will be nice. We won't be counting calories or going to the gym tomorrow. Got to live life and enjoy it while you can!
    I will check in again with you guys soon. Have a nice one!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Quick post for me for now. Day off today to celebrate Max's birthday. Looking forward to a nice Italian lunch and a little celebrating!
    Will check in again later or tomorrow.
    Have a good one!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Finished my Monday fast very hungry, but I work at a school lunch room during the school year and I know being around all the food made the hunger worse. Great news is I do not normally work on my fasting days at that job. It will be easier on my other job to not eat.

When do you all weigh yourselves? after a fasting day or a specific day of the week or 1 time amonth?

I'm trying to break away from the scale but I'm so curious to know.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Meghan, a nice little Italian lunch out sounds heavenly!! Enjoy that for us all :p

Good job Ckmama! ..... and about weighing, I'm one of those who dose not use a scale for weight loss....at all! I use a material tape measure and measured everywhere including my neck at first, then measured just my waist at the beginning of each month. It's what works for me, because I tend to obsess over the scale. Knowing my waist is getting smaller means to me that overall I'm losing body fat... and that's the goal. I'm also lifting weights & hopefully gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, so if I relied on the scale I'd only confuse myself... and I don't need confusion in my life!

Am having a weird day.... suppose to be a normal eating day but not really hungry... actually feel like a little soup and a good sleep! Maybe my body is telling me something!!!! Have a good day people! How are those planks coming flumi???
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Darn it! My post yesterday didn't go. Our internet has been in and out lately. Grr.
    Anyway, been super busy, BUT I have been doing really well staying low calorie. No fasts this week because too much unpredictability.
    Tomorrow is the first day of school and I am so glad to get my kids off and get back to the ones at school!
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been gone from here to long. Loved reading everyone's stories this week. I have had a whirlwind year with some achievements and some set backs.
    Achievements include running a 5k, a 4.2 mile run, and my first 10k (Flying Pig in Cincinnati, Ohio). I also got a new job (because I was laid off from my old one) and got fairly fit over the 2 months I was out of work.

However, after getting employed I got busy and lazy and gained 6-10 lbs. So this week I'm back on 5:2 and it's going good. Monday was a feast day because I did Orange Theory! Amazing! You must try...

Today was first fast day in forever. Celery, cucumber, egg and low cal yogurt for lunch. Progresso light beef stew with extra veggies and potato for dinner. I already feel shop much better for not over eating, snacking, sugar fixing or drinking alcohol. Can't wait for my next fast on Thursday!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Welcome back dryheat!!! B)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello everybody!

Back from a little birthday celebration yesterday. We had a nice Italian lunch. I didn't go too crazy food wise (even though it was a regular day for us)! Had some shrimp with pasta. Plus a little bread, wine, and and some Italian (ricotta) cheese cake for dessert. All yummy... Oh how I miss pasta sometimes!

Having some water and green tea today. Starting out with lunch today. Healthy dinner and gym tonight. Tomorrow Light Day.

@ckmama I weigh in once a week on Friday AM's, after completing my two Light Days (Mondays and Thursdays for me). I find that weighing in once a week works well for me.

@dryheatfitness welcome back! Glad you are joining us again. Thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on the new job. Darn economy! Ugh. We will be fasting together tomorrow!

Check in with everybody again soon! :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Hope all are well on this fine Thursday.
    Light Day going on here. Drinking my water and green tea. Not much else going on.
    Planning to go to the gym after work. Should be a nice day here so hoping to eat lunch outside today.
    This weekend it should be nice both Saturday and Sunday. It looks as if we might be able to get to the beach both days. Who knew?!
    Saturday night we are going to head out for a nicer dinner to celebrate my guy's birthday at a steak restaurant that we like. My once a month red meat (or so) treat. Can't wait!
    Have a nice day all. I will check back later to see if anybody has popped by.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, y'all! I hope you are having a great week! I am still doing really well keeping it low. :smile: I will get back to fasting next week. Have a great Friday and weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL!
    I am pleased to report that I am down 1.8 pounds this morning! Also means down a total of over 57 pounds from my all time high back in 2012 - wowser... Hard to believe. Ever since I added some more calories and I added in the eating window - 12pm to 8 or 9pm I have been more successful.
    Also, not bad for having enjoyed a mid-week Italian feast! LOL
    Hoping everybody is enjoying a good week. Raining like heck here today but let it happen because it is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here. WOO HOO.
    Enjoy everybody. I'll check back later on you all. B)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 that is so exciting. I also weighed in today. I fast Monday's and Thursday's. I was down as well today for a total loss of 5.6 lbs since August 1st

I know that may not seem like much and some may say fluid weight. Fine by me because that is weight I've not been able to move downward in the past 6 years. Since I had my second child at 35 years old my weight has gone up and up or maintained at 250 lbs. we flooded last year and lost everything and my weight settled very quickly at 260-264 lbs.

This 5:2 almost seems too easy. I don't know if it is the mental part of it or what? But when I got on the scale I thought NO WAY idc of its water weight lol it's water weight that wouldn't come off 6 months ago.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @ckmama Way to go! I would say it is not just water weight. The beauty of fasting is that it burns fat because you aren't eating anything to use as fuel. Keep it up. This IS a really easy way of life.
    @Meghan509 Woo hoo! Have a great weekend! Enjoy the beach!
    @dryheatfitness Welcome back!
    @mamainthekitchen I hope you feel better!
    @flumi_f Glad to see you back!
    I am past the crazy first week of school and will be back to fasting next week. This week I have been staying low cal and done nicely. Have a great weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Woohoo ckmama & meghan ....awesome progress you two!! Very inspiring to us all!!!

I've had low calorie days lately but no fasts for almost two weeks! I've also cut down on my walking, its hard getting all this excercise in as well as everything else in the day... i dont get up early enough i guess!! I like my sleep!

The smoke has finally cleared around here and the air is fresher.. today ill be walking near the beach for sure!

Not planning any fasts... ill just seize the moment when i can right now... not in the right mind set for some reason. Just trying to stay within my maintenance

Have a great weekend people! :*
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Sounds like everybody is doing well! Congrats on the loss ckmama!
    Things are good here. Had a nice day at the beach yesterday and a nice dinner out. Today off to the gym then more beach. The weather here has been beautiful. Sunny and not humid.
    Enjoy your day. Chat soon.