Sinus Infection

Options
cinblog1965
cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
I started following EM2WL plan a few days ago after being on the PiYo eating plan for 2 weeks, my stats for both plans are very similar. I've been suffering with a terrible sinus infection the whole time and have not worked out in over a week. UGHHH. I don't think I've gained any weight but I worry the strides I've made with my work outs are going out the window. Tonight I have a commitment so no workout but tomorrow, come hell or high water, I will be hitting the gym after work! I really want to start building some upper body muscle.

Can anyone recommend any good books or blogs that discuss workouts with the gym-type equipment that uses the pulleys? Not sure what the machine is called. You walk around it to work out. 1 side has the squat press chair, one side has the butterfly chair, one side has the pulleys and the last side has the lat bar you pull down.

Usually I'm alone at the gym so I don't want to work out with the free weights other than the dumb bells. It's a small gym at work.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Perhaps not the easiest way to view it - but if you know what muscle that side is working out - click on that part on left column - there are lifts for it - yours probably under Cable or Lever - view for proper form.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ThighWt.html

Because you still want joints in the correct alignment.

Suggest a few weeks doing as circuit type training the way it's generally meant, 2 to 4 circuits - then since you mentioned not busy or in use - can go to more lifting style with reps 5 to 15 and sets and rests before you move on. That causes more damage, requires more repair, causes need for growth after existing muscle is tapped out.

In either case, last rep should be difficult to maintain good form, but not impossible.

• cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you @heybales!