Bubbies: no carb pickles

Options
62apples
62apples Posts: 132 Member
No Carbs!!! Hard to believe.
Bubbies Pickles are naturally fermented cucumbers.
It is cultured similar to yogurt.
But the label claims no carbs.

100g of cucumbers is listed as 3.6 carbs, 3 net carbs.
An 8 inch cucumber is 300g and listed as 11 carbs.
So a pickle should logically have 3 to 5 carbs.
But the Bubbies label says no carbs.

Replies

• cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like those :-) they have a kind of carbonated quality similar to kimchi. I was off-put the first time I had one, wasn't expecting that lol! But they are addictive when u know what to expect
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Also, they are probiotic. If you eat one before a meal, they help you digest your food. They are a natural enzyme, probiotic, and supplement all in one food source. And yes, they are like kimchi, and kimchi has all the same benefits, but I do not like eating kimchi. Bubbies also has sauerkraut that is also naturally fermented and has all the same benefits. Since they are probiotics, they dislodge the candida which helps stop the sugar cravings. Notice none of these products have vinegar, which is the ingredient that the modern fast foods use to imitate the ancient healthy (slow) fermented foods.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I would imagine the natural fermentation burns through part of the natural sugar carbs of the cucumbers. I've never investigated it myself.
  • CAPgoal
    CAPgoal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with knitormiss. Likely similar to grain alcohol where the sugars are converted during the process.