Why?

Options
guppi03
guppi03 Posts: 21 Member
I started this group because I am a working mother of two toddlers and am finding that the accountability piece is the last one missing from my puzzle (well that and exercise :blush: ). I've always been big (180 as a teenager) but I was able to lose a lot of weight twice in my life... 25 lbs at 20 with weight watchers followed by another 10lbs because of an active lifestyle. I gained it all back after getting married but lost all my baby weight and another 13lbs after my first baby with the help of a personal trainer and gym membership. Both times I had a source of accountability. My gym has since closed (and taken its free childcare with it), I have started back to work and am struggling. I lost the pregnancy weight (back at about 170) by eating a healthy diet but I'm stuck and just keep losing and gaining back the same 3-5 lbs. I need some help getting the motivation to drop my calories below 1200 a day and to workout when I'd rather be cuddling my babies, cleaning or lazing (when I'm not working that is). Anyone out there feeling similarly or think they can help me out? Come Join. I'll be submitted my exact weight this week on Wednesday. Hope that by then there will be members in the group by then. :smiley:

Small victory to note. Joined a 100 push-up challenge in 6 weeks today and was able to do 28 full push-ups quickly and without stopping. That's almost where I was when I was a gym rat after baby 1. Guess lugging around toddlers kept the muscles strong. :wink:

Replies

• slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello I replied to your original post - and have joined. Just saw this one from you x
  • shackchic
    shackchic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I will join your rag tag band of weightloss misfits :)

I too have kids, work, and have gone back to school. No time for crap, and I often need that kick in the teeth to keep me going. Been trying to lkse weight for years, and was stuck at 200+lbs. My heaviest has been 220. Which is no picnic.

Over these last few months I am back down to 195 however, I see the scale trying to creep back up. Im having to resource help from my medical provider as well as low carb diet. Low carb cuts out all my favs etc. But I can tell the difference in how I feel, etc on the days I do what I am supposed to.
  • guppi03
    guppi03 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay. Welcome ladies.
    I'm trying low carb too. I hope we will be able to give each other some tips and tricks.