weight loss support

Options
gmoo150
gmoo150 Posts: 31 Member
Could you recommend a group similar to this one for folks struggling with weight loss? You are all so supportive but it seems most of you have reached your goal weight and are nearly Olympian in exercise ability -- and I just can't seem to nail it -- so I've hesitated to ask for help.

I'm 67 and over 230 pounds, so a little desperate to be successful "this time." There just isn't anyone I can share the little victories and frustrations of calorie counting with, and never really has been, and I wonder if the support of a group of folks with a similar need might be helpful - you know, accountability and support through the "going off the rails" situations. I don't do social media, so a message board environment is ideal, but so many can be a bit snarky and this one not at all.

I even considered Weight Watchers' new coaching program, but it's $55 (US) a month and I simply can't afford it.

It's embarrassing to ask for help from you guys -- I so admire your accomplishments -- but most of you have been with MFP for a while and may be able to give me some suggestions on finding some other folks like me, so I gathered up my courage and here I am.

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed asking fo
  • chamblisk
    Options
    For help. Haha....someone help me with my phone skills!!!
  • chamblisk
    Options
    Send me a friend request. I will respond better from a computer when I can get to one! I think you and I may have a lot in common. And trust me, we have not all achieved our goals or know all the answers!
  • gmoo150
    gmoo150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ooh, fun! I'll figure out exactly how "friends" work and then a request you shall receive. Thanks so much for responding --
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We're definitely here to help !!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together. Some of us work out hard, but we all are on the same path and we encourage and support each other.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Please feel free to ask any questions at all, or share about struggles!

Everyone here is at varied points in the process, but I think we're all still working on something - it's why we're here. One benefit of being in a diverse group is that there may be people who've been through whatever is vexing you or me right now, and they can share their solutions.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    People in this group will tell you they have lost weight and they will also tell you they have a lot of friends who have lost weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have seen several people, including myself who have lost a lot of weight. Get youself a bunch of friends, read the success stories, figure out how people are doing it and ask questions. It is not rocket science and it is free.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi gmoo150
    So thrilled you think we are the right group to ask for help. We are all friends here & will 100% be here to support you.

My advice would be Don't look back.. always look forward.

Xx
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That's great advice, Bee :)