When can you start intermittent fasting?

jrgriffin82
jrgriffin82 Posts: 21 Member
Today is day 1 on the Keto diet for me and I'm wondering if it's ok to start with the intermittent fasting right away or should you wait a week or two till your body has adjusted? I'm not a big breakfast eater and up until now if I have breakfast it was usually just a protein shake. Normally I just skip breakfast and have an early lunch. This morning I had 3 hard boiled eggs with pink sea salt and pepper. I'm going to be close to going over my calories for today and I probably wouldn't if I didn't have those 3 eggs. I don't like coffee but I got some matcha powder to try the bullet proof matcha latte. I've seen a lot of people do that or the bulletproof coffee as their "breakfast". Is it too soon for me to do that?

Replies

• greoryg
    greoryg Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    I haven't tried IF yet but am reading up on it. I would say you would want to wait until you are at least a week in though. Ideally, you'd wait until you're fat adapt (~6 weeks). A lot easier to do at that point, since your body is used to supplementing calories from your own body stores.

I agree with Sunny on the BPC. I drink coffee, but prefer to eat breakfast. It is not necessary for success. If you do skip breakfast regularly, IF (16/8) may be an easy transition for you. I just recommend getting used to things the first couple of weeks.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    greoryg wrote: »
    I haven't tried IF yet but am reading up on it. I would say you would want to wait until you are at least a week in though. Ideally, you'd wait until you're fat adapt (~6 weeks). A lot easier to do at that point, since your body is used to supplementing calories from your own body stores.

I agree with Sunny on the BPC. I drink coffee, but prefer to eat breakfast. It is not necessary for success. If you do skip breakfast regularly, IF (16/8) may be an easy transition for you. I just recommend getting used to things the first couple of weeks.

Not sure why one would bother waiting. IF is more of a lifestyle benefit than anything. I've used it when high carb/low fat bulking, LCHF cutting, and balanced macros. The only time I won't use it is when RFL cutting.