Options
    Exercise: 18000 steps.
    Calories: Yes.
    Track everything: Yes.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    A mighty long day for me!
    @SimonsChange Happy Birthday and you are a winner!! You now know how close you are to the goal. You will cross the finish line soon.
    Simple report: Yes x 3 (I actually dislike doing that, but today, I will)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Today is my 22nd birthday It had a bit of a shaky start but so far so good It's also the day I took my physical test for the army

My results were amazing in 3/4

Required longjump was 160CM / 5Feet 3inches I got 213CM / 7Feet
    Required Power Throw was 450CM / 14'9feet I ended up with 525CM / 17Feet
    Deadlift required was 160Pounds I went up the max which was 235
    Sadly where I failed was the shuttle runs which I had to do 38 20Meter dashes sadly only got to 22 as I've never worked on sprints or dashes it winded me compared to my usual hiking

With all that being said I will continue doing my best improving everyday until I pass.

@SimonsChange. Happy birthday.

Great results with the 3/4 for the physical (the 3 passed all exceed OPAT black standard).

A few weeks interval training and the body will improve at sprints.

Hiking, while great cardio, is not good for stamina needed for the increasing speed of the "beep test" sprints.

(I'm assuming that the "beep test" is the one being used for OPAT. The best way to improve this is to practice with the audio so you can get the pacing right and not go too fast at the start and wait too long for the next leg. Aim to improve by 1 or 2 more sprints per two days till you get to the required level. It becomes a mental test as well as a physical one. Training to the test is the best way to excel at this one).
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @SimonsChange you did so well on 3/4 of your physical..........you will make the 4th one I just know you will! Go SIMON! :)
    @craigo3154 Happy birthday to your wife........Hope you both enjoy the day!

exercise yes 1 hour pool
    calories yes under
    tracking yes
    water 11 glasses

Good night everyone! Dream of a GREAT day tomorrow............I BELIEVE! :)<3
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    September 21
    Exercise yes
    Much improved today. After that unfortunate pass Wed because of lack of exercise I was more determined than ever not to let it happen again. I walked first thing in the morning. It's really humid and was in the 90's here today so glad I went early. Felt great just to be out getting the legs moving and the heart pumping. I had a very good day today!! So I'm pretty sure @RangerRickL is right about exercise and mood go hand in hand
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

Thursday I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get a smaller size when I did a bit of shopping. As I was looking in the mirror trying on clothes I was mostly liking what I saw. I got a couple of size small tops. I was looking at the tops after trying them on and thinking what a difference a couple of months makes. I'm getting less stressed about the scale and more encouraged about the way I feel and the nice way my clothes are fitting. Thanks to all of my UAC friends -- I really owe this all to your encouragement. With the encouragement from great friends like you I really think I can make this a way of life as opposed to a diet.

@120maggie Sorry you had a bad day. Sometimes I just want to go to bed just to end my day so I can start the next day. Hoping you have a much better day today
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Everthing is off when you are sick and your body is trying to repair itself. Minor setback. As you said making it a habit is the key. Lovely pic of your kitty. Sweet kitties always make me smile. Thanks for sharing--our pets can really be a comfort.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 1hr of misc strength / cardio training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone I appreciate it.

@craigo3154 Thanks for the advice it'll certainly be a fun beast to tackle and the forecast for the next 10days is all Sunny or cloudy with no chance of rain so it'll give me plenty of time to practice. And yes it's the beep test I had gotten to Level 3 - 8 and need to get to 5 - 8 In time i'll overcome it.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @SimonsChange: Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a great one.
    @120maggie: Excellent job turning to a protein bar and exercise to deal w/ your stress!
    @windowqueen2003: Great NSV! Congratulations!
    @carlsoda: Hope you get rid of that cold sooner rather than later.
    @Dosse1320: What a cool gift!

Yes x 3 for me! :smile: