How to not feel guilty

SammieCosme
SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
So today I had a carb balance tortilla 6 net carbs but putting it in to mfp and seeing the 32 carbs makes me feel so bad. I'm already having trouble losing because I have to eat beef all week which eating beef super slows my weightloss for some reason and yes I weigh it before I cook it. And I also have a female question has anyone started keto and after their monthly constantly spot the rest of the month. And there's no possible way of me being prego. I have been doing keto for almost a month now btw

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Carbs is just a number, if you are aiming for net carbs, then keep thinking of NET and don't get stressed over TOTAL

Hormones (of which females have a skillion it seems like) are manufactured from fat, so there can be some hormone swings early in a higher fat diet, particularly if you have been deficient in fat with your previous eating. It should balance out after a month or two.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I agree. Hormones usually balance out in a month or two. Give it time.

If beef does not agree with you, I wouldn't eat it. I would go for fish, seafood, pork, chicken, turkey, bison, lamb, eggs and even dairy for your protein and fat. You can also go with vegetarian protein and fat sources if you wish.

I would try not to force a food or theis diet will become very unsustainable very quickly.

Unless you have health reasons for eating very low carb (cogitive or brain issues, metabolic problems, complimentary cancer treatment, etc) I would not worry about forcing very low carb (under 20-50g carbs) either. Most people do just fine with a LCHF diet (under 100-150g of carbs) as long as the carbs are not increasing cravings or your appetite.

I've been keto for a few years. My carbs bounce within a range. I'll go as low as almost zero and then bounce up to 50 with most days being closer to my goal. The same goes for calories. It does not need to be the same each day unless that works better for you.

That being said, you can skip the tortilla if you wish. Just go for the dip and fillings. ;)
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    So today I had a carb balance tortilla 6 net carbs but putting it in to mfp and seeing the 32 carbs makes me feel so bad. I'm already having trouble losing because I have to eat beef all week which eating beef super slows my weightloss for some reason and yes I weigh it before I cook it.

Everyone tracks their carbs differently, some total others net. To me 6 net carbs is pretty decent for a tortilla, I just don't eat them on a regular basis. For me I try to keep my total carbs 80 or less and net carbs between 20-40. I tend to be much more variable in tracking just because I work out daily so a few extra carbs one day or a few less another doesn't have a major impact on my weight loss. That formula may only work for me and you have to find out what works for you. I see a lot of people who really stress out over their carb tracking, mealtimes, and food my one little nugget of wisdom is to reduce your stress about things as much as possible. Constant stress does nasty things to the body and will derail the goals you set for yourself quickly. I know its not realistic to have no stress but do things that calm your mind and your body will follow. Two years ago I was a complete mess, I chose not to continue down that path which has ultimately lead me to closing in on my own goals like weight loss, completing my first artistic body of work, career, life in general, and school.

I can't help with the third part of your post but is there some reason you have to eat beef all week? Red meat in general can be difficult to digest and what I mean by that is it takes a while to breakdown in your stomach. I know I can't eat it late in the evening or my stomach will work all night on it and keep me up or give me more whacked out dreams than I already have. Like others have stated maybe try different protein options and see if that improves your weight loss. Definitely get enough veggies and good fats. If something is keeping you from your goals remember don't stress and just adjust the variables you have control over until your back on track. So long as things trend in the right direction for you then things are good. Just remember no journey is ever linear, there will always be ups and downs what matters is how you react to those changes and work through them.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    The previous posters are right about different people being able to do well at different carb levels. I eat very low carb due to medical reasons, but my husband and daughter eat at somewhat higher carb levels than me and have both lost 40 and 30 lbs (respectively) since February.

My daughter commonly eats the 6 net gram tortillas and doesn't mind not losing weight as fast as long as she doesn't feel deprived. And actually as she has progressed on this WOE she eats a lot less of those.

So you just have to determine what you want to obtain and how quickly. Also keep in mind how far you have come from where you started. I'm sure the amount of carbs you eat today won't even be a drop in the bucket to what you used to eat before you started tracking them.... :)
  • mrslmartin1001
    mrslmartin1001 Posts: 23 Member
    My husband can eat 2 LC tortillas a day and still lose, they stall me. I was so disappointed when I saw this, and I tried them several times, and just decided they aren't worth the effort it takes to eat one then be up a pound the next day and take 2-3 days to lose that pound again. I'm not sure what's in them that causes this for me, but I do best without trying to "add" in LC breads.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    If you don't have an issue with grains themselves, I personally find Joseph's Lavash Flatbreads and Pitas to be an awesome option. They're net 4 each (the flatbread is for half, the pita for whole), but they aren't full of a lot of artificial ingredients and such...as the sold as low carb tortillas are.

It's more likely @mrslmartin1001 - that there is an ingredient in the low carb tortilla that stalls you - maybe the fiber or a filler? So it's worth trying different types...