Erythritol vs xylotol

jrgriffin82
jrgriffin82 Posts: 21 Member
Any opinions on erythritol vs xylotol. Not sure whether I spelled either one of those correctly. I can't find either in any stores near me so I'm looking to order off Amazon. For the erythritol I found a brand called Anthony's with great reviews and the reviewers say it's a great price, $13.99 for 2.5 Lbs. Thoughts?

Replies

• cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    That is a good price. I wanna get some. Erythrotol is zero calorie, xylitol is low calorie. Idk if I've had xylitol, but erythritol is used in my fave keto icecream LOL! I've heard folks say stevia and erythritol don't effect blood sugar, but stevia gives me headaches. I say get it and post a pic of something sweet lol!
  • jrgriffin82
    jrgriffin82 Posts: 21 Member
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    That is a good price. I wanna get some. Erythrotol is zero calorie, xylitol is low calorie. Idk if I've had xylitol, but erythritol is used in my fave keto icecream LOL! I've heard folks say stevia and erythritol don't effect blood sugar, but stevia gives me headaches. I say get it and post a pic of something sweet lol!

Are you talking about Halo Top ice cream? I just got some today. I got the red velvet, so good. I blended it up with some heavy cream to add more fat and O M Freaking G it was awesome. I don't see myself missing regular ice cream now.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Enlightened icecream bars. They may not actually be keto. They usually have 4-7 net carbs. Some of those carbs are real sugar lol! BUT it's got more protein than net carbs. I wish it was higher fat, but they keep them at 80 calories. A bar is 4 oz. Caramel swirl tastes like the real thing! I like Halo top too, but Enlightened is alot sweeter and more like real icecream to me