Delayed lows from exercise?

Options
rheddmobile
rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
Geez. I knew exercising hard one day would make my levels lower the next day (bonus!) but I recently started c25k and it really has an effect! Ran in the morning yesterday and did arms in the afternoon, and this morning I had oatmeal made with milk for breakfast and was at 81 an hour later! Had an actual cookie with half a banana and milk and was at 109 an hour after that, and now it's been another hour and I'm feeling low again already! I swear the day after c25k is dropping my levels faster than glimeperide used to.

Anyone else out there have experience with managing glucose through exercise? Any tips?

Replies

• swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I had to cut my Glyburide in half due to low readings after exercise. I have learned that even on a half dose, I need a mid-morning snack to keep from having a crash. I keep a variety of snacks in my desk at work and usually have something around 10am. After that it levels off and I do not have such a drop.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    swebb1103 wrote: »
    I had to cut my Glyburide in half due to low readings after exercise. I have learned that even on a half dose, I need a mid-morning snack to keep from having a crash. I keep a variety of snacks in my desk at work and usually have something around 10am. After that it levels off and I do not have such a drop.

Glyburide and glimeperide, which I used to take, are very similar. It surely does drop your morning numbers! Hopefully you can get your A1c down and get off it completely, it's wonderfully freeing to not have to worry about snacks.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    swebb1103 wrote: »

Glyburide and glimeperide, which I used to take, are very similar. It surely does drop your morning numbers! Hopefully you can get your A1c down and get off it completely, it's wonderfully freeing to not have to worry about snacks.

My doc thinks I will be off it within the year if my A1C keeps dropping like it has. I am working hard to make that goal!