Weightloss Plato

Options
I've been doing Atkins for 3 weeks now, tomorrow is my last day of the 3rd week and my weight loss has stalled?? I lost 6 during the 2 week induction but now I'm just maintaining, even with the Ketostix being in moderate for the last few days.

Any thoughts or recommendations? My dairy is open if you'd like to take a look at it. I definitely need more veggies, so I'm working on that. =)

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks pretty good. I always push more "salad veggies" and lots and lots of water (which you're increasing). I don't know how much exercise you're doing, but cardio really seems to help get things going for me. I don't know what your workout routines are or the frequency or duration.

I do want to congratulate you on your avoidance of nitrites, they are exceptionally bad. I need to be as vigilant as you are with them, but your example certainly helps stand as good motivation, thank you!

I can only suggest walking/running (cardio) for at least 30 minutes three or four times a week minimum (which I blew off last week due to injury, and paid for it).

Six in three weeks isn't bad at all, especially considering that you didn't have much to lose to begin with. You're still on your way. Do you log your water and exercise regularly?
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I haven't really been logging any of my water intake. However I probably need more since I'm only around 5-6 80z glasses per day. As for exercise I've been walking 3 times a week, roughly 2-4 miles each time but I've always walked. So maybe I should do more or change what I'm doing (add in weights, classes, etc).

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You have to be the same weight for 6 weeks to be on a plateau. Need more exercise and weights if you want to keep your lean body mass.
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It is completely normal to stall. I have stalled for up to three weeks before. There are so many reasons why. Sometimes your muscles will hold onto water when they are "repairing" themselves after a workout. Women, of course, retain water for too many reasons to count. Drink as much water as possible. I drink between 80 and 100 oz. a day on most days. When you don't have a lot to lose, you aren't going to lose weight as quickly as someone who has more to lose. You should really measure more by how your clothes are fitting more than on the scale...I know, easier said than done...lol Don't get discouraged by a stall...this is a life change, not a quick fix.
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 8 lbs for a while recently but as I mentioned on another post, I somehow managed to exceed 20 net carbs wayyy to often. So, i'm basically going to start over to try and get out of the rut. Someone told me aspartame may lead to a stall but I "need" Clear American Sparkling Water (Walmart water) to get through the day without sugary beverages so i'm taking my chances with it or else i'll go crazy.

I also eat the Atkins bars and shakes consistently as meal replacements since they say all phases and the website said I can have two. Maybe i'll try to reduce them and see if there are any changes. 2 weeks ago I joined planet fitness so hopefully the cardio and strength training will help.
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    try the walmart brand of mio water additive instead. it uses sucralose
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    Will do!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    if any of you have the original atkins books, in the back there are recomendations to end stalls, Stalls are something I try to stay off of, all the work we do to keep on this program nobody wants to plateau , Atkins recomends a few things, 1 is go off the diet for 2 or three days, eat carbs, then do induction again for 2 weeks, this usually busts people right off stalls, OR, the one I especially love is the "FAT FAST!!" ,, the fast fast is hidden way back in the original atkins diet books, this fat fast will make your test strips turn the darkest purple you have ever seen, and you can lose weight amazingly fast!! atkins warns to never fat fast more than 5 days, I can never make it past 3 days, luckily I have not had to do the fat fast in the 3 months I have been going so far, lately I just have one carb up meal or maybe a whole carb up day once every couple of weeks and it has kept the stalls at bay so far,
    hope this helps
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the feedback! Love it.
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Oh and thanks for not poking fun at Plato versus plateau, lol.
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    try the walmart brand of mio water additive instead. it uses sucralose

I tried the grape and the mango/peach or something. Didn't like them. I also saw the crystal light version (pink lemonade) and it tasted pretty good. I think i'll stick to the CL or what I was originally drinking since it doesn't seem to be preventing the weight loss.
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm curious about what food people eat when they do the Fat Fast? I've heard cream cheese and macdamian nuts and there's no way I could do that even for 3 days.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of foods on the fat fast,, here is a wonderful web page FULL or recipies, of course they are easy and are small, thats what makes it easy, but if you did the Fat Fast you will drop weight FAST, i generally lose around 7-8 pounds on the fat fast,, here is the web site http://www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html