Welcome

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
I thought we could use a change up!!! So I moved some older posts and want to have a fresh start!! It's been a quiet few months as summer keeps most of us busy but i thought it would be nice to have some new introductions to the group members :)

Replies

• Harmony_Love_
    Harmony_Love_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm obviously new to the group. Weighing in at around 340 lbs. I'm currently pregnant also which makes everything a bit trickier. My doctor and midwife have suggested weight loss isn't harmful to the baby at this weight, and I'm just hoping to keep track of my intake, I don't want to be blowing up anymore. I have been big my entire life and had some success a few years ago after losing 200 lbs but anxiety seems to be my downfall. I'm due in November so not long to go now but better late than never. Looking forward to the journey ahead and hopefully meeting some friendly faces :)
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Harmony_Love :smile:

How exciting to be expecting a baby so soon!!! it is so hard to think of losing weight during pregnancy when people say things like, oh your eating for two now! But starting the small changes now will make things easier later on for sure!!!

Welcome to our group :)
  • Linnell63
    Linnell63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm new to the group and just getting back to MFP after an absence. My partner of 30 years died in July and I gained 10 pounds in a month. My jaw hit the floor when I saw the scale. I've topped off at 314 pounds but have lost two of those in the past month. I have a new doctor who is telling me the benefits of the Mediterranean Diet as a lifestyle choice. I'm starting to slowly include aspects of that lifestyle into my daily habits and I am loving it. I'm discovering how fun it is to cook again. I'm rediscovering different foods that I hadn't been using because my partner wouldn't eat them. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and being active in a group.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    welcome, Linnell! I am very sorry for your loss. I'm attempting to eat more Mediterranean style myself and have been pleasantly surprised at how I like some of the new foods I've tried. Best wishes for you!