September 100 Squats a day Challenge

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Had to skip today, my legs and butt cheeks are spent, probably because I did the 100 the day before and yesterday it was Jari Love strength training--I estimate 200 squats altogether in the whole hour of the workout.

Oh no...I bet I'll be sore tomorrow too, I should have worked my way up to 100 instead of going all in :#

You'd be sore even with 25 if you haven't done them for awhile. So good job getting in the 100! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I think by breaking them down into sets of 25 it may help with the soreness versus doing 100 in a row.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes I will do that from now on...Today I'm not going to do any because I'm pretty sore :/
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    New stuff should be gradually eased into. I didn't do that with pushups and got real sore also.
  • tlblanksfit
    September 2 - 100 done
  • Brendalea69
    Still sore so tomorrow I can hopefully start up again :/
  • tlblanksfit
    September 3 - 100 done
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited September 2017
    I am having problems remembering to do my squats!

Today, I am in the same boat as Brenda though (and I haven't even made it to 100 yet...)

Quads are on fire, have to lower myself onto the toilet while holding onto the sink! :#

Sept 1: 50
    Sept 2: 75
    Sept 3: 0 (!!)
    Sept 4: 50

Today I will try to do as many as I can but the DOMS may just get the better of me!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    September 4th - 100 done
  • Brendalea69
    minigrrll wrote: »

Today, I am in the same boat as Brenda though (and I haven't even made it to 100 yet...)

Quads are on fire, have to lower myself onto the toilet while holding onto the sink! :#

Today I will try to do as many as I can but the DOMS may just get the better of me!! :)

Mine were on fire yesterday and it's been 3 days since I did my 100 :/
  • tlblanksfit
    September 5th - 100 done.
  • minigrrll
    I KNOW!!! I still can't sit on toilet properly, but I'm going to attempt to at least do a few today.

Tracey, I have a massive newfound respect for your quads and glutes - you must have buns of steel! JEALOUS!
  • Brendalea69
    edited September 2017
    I want buns of steel too :p but I'm going to take it slow...I only did 25 today :)
  • minigrrll
    I want buns of steel too :p but I'm going to take it slow...I only did 25 today :)

That is my goal - 25 today. Sob...
  • tlblanksfit
    September 6 - 100 done.
    Tracey, I have a massive newfound respect for your quads and glutes - you must have buns of steel! JEALOUS!

No buns of steel here, I guess all of the walking I have been doing has helped because usually after doing squats, I would be super sore for days. On days I feel the burn, I soak in the tub with 2 cups of epsom salt and it helps.

Doing the squats in sets helps me as well.

• Brendalea69
    edited September 2017
    Did 50 squats today :) Tracey you rock!!!
  • minigrrll
    edited September 2017
    I did none yesterday - was still too sore. I am going to go to the back of the plane and do some on my flight. Should help with the giant cankles I always get on long haul flights too!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

It seems like it takes about 2-days after going overboard and then you get really sore. We should all ease into these things to avoid that!
  • Brendalea69
    edited September 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »

It seems like it takes about 2-days after going overboard and then you get really sore. We should all ease into these things to avoid that!

Lesson learned...Today I'm going to do 75 spread through out the day!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    September 7 - 100 done.