September Challenge

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Hey everyone!

The September spreadsheet is ready.

If there's anything you forgot to fill in for August, just let me know and I'll add it.

August ended on a better note then it started - now to just keep things going for September.

My goals for September are:
  • Work out 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes
  • Meet my step and calorie burn goals on my FitBit more often than not
  • Lose 3 pounds this month
  • Be more active in the challenge thread

What's everyone else's goals for September?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up again!!

Goals

Lose 2 lb
    Sleep
    Finish backyard
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie You're welcome=)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good goals. Sleep especially.
    Ok mine are, lose 5 lbs, get pregnant, pressure wash outside of the house. Take my flippin' vitamins. (It's soooo hard.)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My ability to actually stick to my goals recently hasn't been too stellar! Hopefully September will be different.

1. Lose 10-12 pounds (including several I'm sure is water weight from vacation)
    3. Start cracking on fall projects--hay, cleaning sheds, building chicken coop, ect.
    4. Reduce stress, be happy
    5. Begin 2 month hiatus from high pressure TTC attempts.

Of course, they could all change a bit if we end up pregnant from this last cycle, AF is due 9/11. Not real optimistic. September and October will be a lot of focus on eating right, dropping weight and deciding what tools to use going forward to improve fertility.

• gingermary82
    gingermary82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have realised that I can lose 1 pound a week, and no more, so that is my target for this month :smile:

I'm taking advice received on this forum on waiting to hear whether I have been accepted to study next year before deciding on when to TTC.

In the mean time I am working towards a BMI of <30 (currently at 31.8). Long term is <=25
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    September (cycle 7) goals:
    1. Get pregnant, get day 21 blood draw and have husband get his SA. I did my day 3 blood draw yesterday to test my hormone levels.
    2. Lose 4# cw:190 (again) gw: 186
    3. Start walking or biking a few days a week.
    4. Do things that make me about, like coloring, sewing, gardening each week.

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while. Cycle 7 hit me so hard this weekend, I spent the day crying on Sunday and just couldn't pull myself together all day. This just keeps getting more difficult. Feeling much better as the days go by and we have a plan for the month. I've been reading along with you all!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I haven't set any goals yet but I'd better. I'm scared to step on the scale after recent over-indulgence.

1. Lose 3 lbs from whatever I weigh on Friday 9/8
    2. Get pregnant
    3. Prep for big mountain bike ride 9/16 with 4 road or mountain rides each of the next 2 weeks.
    4. Do some strength training (1-2x per week) to prep for backpacking 9/23 weekend.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 so many hugs to you! I hope you get some answers or BFP this cycle! <3
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    My ability to actually stick to my goals recently hasn't been too stellar! Hopefully September will be different.

1. Lose 10-12 pounds (including several I'm sure is water weight from vacation)
    3. Start cracking on fall projects--hay, cleaning sheds, building chicken coop, ect.
    4. Reduce stress, be happy
    5. Begin 2 month hiatus from high pressure TTC attempts.

Of course, they could all change a bit if we end up pregnant from this last cycle, AF is due 9/11. Not real optimistic. September and October will be a lot of focus on eating right, dropping weight and deciding what tools to use going forward to improve fertility.

So, after 3 mornings of positive tests including a digital one this morning I suppose I should adjust my September goals:

1. Maintain weight
    2. Schedule a doctors appointment
    3. Incessantly research all the best nutrition advice
    4. Still work on most of the fall projects, except hay. This is a good excuse to get out of it!
    5. Relax, reduce stress, don't worry and pray everything is health and perfect.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Congratulations! =)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith wow congratulations!!! A baby :) have you looked online to see your due date yet?
  • pezhed
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith I'm so happy for you!!!!! And a wee bit jealous! Yayyyyy!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Sheila, congratulations!! I'm more than a wee bit jealous, but also insanely happy for you!!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    @SheilAnneSmith wow congratulations!!! A baby :) have you looked online to see your due date yet?

Yep, May 19th!

Thanks @WifiresGettingFit and @pezhed!
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sept Goals; I'm jumping in late. I had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago and am finally feeling remotely human again! I just finished a 10 day cleanse that has gotten me back on track for eating healthfully. Its a good time of year for it with all of the fresh farmers markets around. Spending a lot of time meal prepping.
    - Track, track, track! either on MFP or using the points system with this lifestyle-metagenics recommendation. or both
    - Workout 3 days per week
    - Get 8000+ steps 3-4 days per week
    - Get below pre lost,pregnancy weight <178, so 2-3 # weight loss, minimum
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Glad to see you back, @krizaten33 sorry again for your loss. I hope you meet your goals with no issues!
  • pezhed
    Options
    SW: 128.8
    CW: 128.2
    GW: 125.8

Ahh, not making a lot of progress here. Gotta get back to goal range (120-125), preferably on the low end. I'm going to be eating mostly fruits and veggies next week and not drinking, so that should help. Maybe I'll get close to my 3-lb goal
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    my fit bit died...waiting for new batteries.... my 3rd cycle in 7 weeks started unexpectedly. ive been tracking..fairly well..need to stay strict.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I'm not doing so well on the weight loss front. I just had 2... what I shall call.. refeed weeks. I'm up a few pounds. Going to try to get back into the swing of it now. I know the problem. Sleep deprivation lol.

We moved Keith to his new room (yes, 3 months early but he was sleeping so well in our room... as long as we weren't in it... and we are all exhausted from waking each other up). Unfortunately he doesn't seem to like his new room. Why the builder decided to put 3 vents in the smallest room in the house baffles me. It's so loud. I never noticed. Also we keep forgetting to turn the thermostat to heat for overnight. We need A/C during the day and heat at night. Awkward temperatures outside.

My other goals... well... the backyard isn't finished. We have the following left:
    1) Finish stairs to deck (in progress)
    2) Put in crushed granite in the places grass won't grow (not in progress)
    3) Plant a tree
    4) Maybe get a landscaping design from my brother-in-law's sister
    5) Spread top soil in low areas and put in grass seed.

Sleep:
    lol.
    Yeah right.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Weighing in early this month at 166, which is up 1/2 a pound from Sept 1st. I'm headed to Atlanta with the hubs and my mother to visit relatives there.
This discussion has been closed.