September mini challenge

Options
Our mini challenge is to hit a goal that we set every month for total workout hours. If you would like to be a part of this challenge just comment below with your monthly goal and I will add you to the spreadsheet. I count weeks as Sunday-Saturday. So our first week in September will only be 2 days Friday and Saturday. After you complete your workout on Saturday every week, make a post with your total workout minutes for the week. You need to post by Monday morning to show up on the updated picture I post every Monday. If you post late you will still be added I just won't post an updated spreadsheet until the following Monday.

Replies

• valangel1902
    valangel1902 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My goal for September will be the same 20 hours that I did for august. I am not changing my goal only because I started school this week and the weather should be cooling down so I can walk outside more. I have a harder time walking longer than I do doing my Zumba videos. So I will take this month to get into my new schedule and adjust to walking versus doing my videos.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, @valangel1902, please put me in for 30 hours this month! I really want to push myself to find and maintain an exercise program. I saw my physical therapist yesterday, and he gave me a list of exercises for land, and a second list for the pool, for me to strengthen my hip. I am determined! Thanks for creating and maintaining this thread!
  • MoyMG
    Options
    I had 107 minutes for the first two days / partial week in September. Never made it to the pool today, darn it. Well, I'll try tomorrow.
  • valangel1902
    Options
    pmzgnop5dyqe.jpg
    Here are the results for the first week of our challenge :smile: Anyone is welcome to join at any time just let me know what your goal is for the rest of the month and I will add you in.
  • valangel1902
    Options
    bdb2kcb199ft.jpg

Here are the results for week 2. @MoyMG let me know what your total was and I can add it in :smile:
  • MoyMG
    Options
    @valangel1902, I had 517 minutes on week 2. Pouring it on, I find I am able to do much more than I could six months ago! My physical therapist is amazed. Thanks for the table!
  • valangel1902
    Options
    @MoyMG that is awesome
  • valangel1902
    Options
    @MoyMG I know you have been busy just wanted to remind you to give me your total for the week so I can post the results for you :smile:
  • MoyMG
    Options
    Sunday to Saturday, Sunday to Saturday! I have to remember that! Thanks and sorry! I'll go add up last week's total and post in a couple minutes.
  • MoyMG
    Options
    Ok, @valangel1902, I had 605 minutes from last Sunday (two Sundays ago) through last Saturday. My son leaves at 5:30 tomorrow morning (after being here 10 days) so I'm planning to get back into a routine. Thanks for your patience!
  • valangel1902
    Options
    Ok awesome I will get it added, so 517 for week 2 and 605 for week 3? I was confused by the 2 sundays part and just wanted to verify.
  • MoyMG
    Options
    Yup, those numbers are right. Frankly, at 64, if I had my way I'd be a couch potato, so I count ALL my movement; walking, housework, driving my SUV, cooking, anything where I'm up off my a**. So my numbers will look high compared to those of you who count only specific athletic exercises. It's what I need to motivate myself to move!
  • valangel1902
    Options
    MoyMG wrote: »
    Yup, those numbers are right. Frankly, at 64, if I had my way I'd be a couch potato, so I count ALL my movement; walking, housework, driving my SUV, cooking, anything where I'm up off my a**. So my numbers will look high compared to those of you who count only specific athletic exercises. It's what I need to motivate myself to move!

That's awesome, it is definitely better than being a couch potato :smile: I just wanted to verify I understood the posts right. I will get it updated tomorrow and post. I had some homework to get caught up on today which put me behind.
  • valangel1902
    Options
    x52ab36zrv8s.jpg
    Here are the results after week 3 :)
  • MoyMG
    Options
    750 minutes for me for week 4. Pushing as hard as I can!
  • valangel1902
    Options
    xy0bj4ac6uqh.jpg
    Awesome job @MoyMG you are already over your goal for the month!!
  • MoyMG
    Options
    For last week of month, I had 1015 minutes. I am pushing for all I am worth to make movement a habit! @valangel1902, please set my goal at 62 hours for this coming month? I am going to push myself to do 60 minutes cardio each day, then 60 minutes of my daily activities (cleaning, cooking, driving, etc.) Thx so much for tracking this; let me know if it gets to be too much extra work for you?
  • valangel1902
    Options
    Awesome job I will get results posted tomorrow sometime. I am going to continue to try to keep it up, it should be easy with it just being us. I just might be a little slower to get things done as I start 2 more classes on Monday and already feel behind on the 2 I have so a little worried about the stress and giving up on my eating. Exercise seems to be habit now so I am not as worried about that as I am eating under stress and frustrations :/
  • MoyMG
    Options
    @valangel1902, FOUR classes, and you're a mom with a little one? You are busy, take care! But you are strong and determined, you will be successful.
  • valangel1902
    Options
    vddyc1lyseef.jpg

here are the results, awesome job @MoyMG
This discussion has been closed.