OT: Football Friday

Options
It was fun to see some college ball last evening. More to come today and tomorrow.

With the pros, the practice games are over and this weekend brings roster cuts and acquisitions.

What are you watching this weekend? Any predictions?

Replies

• Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My Gophers won their opener last evening. I have pretty low expectations, but hope they'll at least be fun to watch with PJ Fleck on board. Anything more than a 7 win season will be surprising; fewer than 5 wins will be mildly disappointing.

My Browns ... hey, look, we're the undefeated champions of the preseason! Lol. Predictions? I predict they'll win a few games and look promising at times. Myles Garrett is a beast, and the D overall is stronger and faster than they've been at anytime in the new-post-expansion Browns era. At QB, they're going to play Deshone Kizer out of the gate. Could be something there, but the prognosis includes a lot of growing pain.

• GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    My Seahawks are co-champions with your Browns!!

I really only watch the Seahawks anymore. Life got full with other wonderful things. I do love watching and following the Seahawks though. It looks like they could have a good year, with an improved O-line and depth at running back.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    I, too am a faithful 12, Gavin. But I also try to watch my Oregon Ducks (Class of '74) and my adopted team, the WSU Cougars (DS and DDIL are Cougs). And I always find time to root against the Huskies.
  • GavinFlynn1
    Options
    My alma mater is EWU ('90), and after that I went to UW for law school. I grew up with many of my friends and family as Cougs, so I get to enjoy the perennial trash talk.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Actually, I kind of root for all the teams from the PNW, when they aren't playing the Ducks. But my DW - who graduated from the University of Luzon and has no dog (pun intended) in the fight - really dislikes the annoying Husky fans.
  • GavinFlynn1
    Options
    Like you, I root for any PNW teams win they are in the fight, even Oregon.