September NSV Thread

Options
Rick_1953
Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
We set goals each month and may or may not achieve them. Lets be accountable to each other. Post your NSV, activities, exercising or any accomplishments in this thread for a month and lets see what happens.

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Options
    I have started the new month with an active rest day.

30 minutes leg and glutes rehab (Had hip replacement surgery 7 weeks ago)

20 minutes abs, 200 assorted crunches
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Since my knee surgery back in April I've gone to PT and now joined the silver slippers. I don't actually go with the silver slippers I am doing what my trainer suggested, I took a few sessions to learn. Yesterday was a good day for me I did 3 miles @3 mph @ 4% incline. Thats a 1st. then I did 15 min level 2 on recumbent bike and 20 min or 1546 steps on recumbent elliptical. Then I worked on upper body strength machines. Not sure but just following what the instructor had me do. Now if only I can get my eating back on track. Glad to hear your hip replacement went well, medalist also had hers done and seems to be doing great too!
  • Rick_1953
    Options
    NSV today was completing a good chest workout this morning, and I hate training in the morning. I am just a slow waker I guess. I training much better in the evening
  • Rick_1953
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    Since my knee surgery back in April I've gone to PT and now joined the silver slippers. I don't actually go with the silver slippers I am doing what my trainer suggested, I took a few sessions to learn. Yesterday was a good day for me I did 3 miles @3 mph @ 4% incline. Thats a 1st. then I did 15 min level 2 on recumbent bike and 20 min or 1546 steps on recumbent elliptical. Then I worked on upper body strength machines. Not sure but just following what the instructor had me do. Now if only I can get my eating back on track. Glad to hear your hip replacement went well, medalist also had hers done and seems to be doing great too!

@Ming1951 good job. Sounds like you are healing well
  • Rick_1953
    Options
    Monday September 4, finished a 45 minute hike and will kill a biceps workout later
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Rick_1953, sounds like you are doing really well. Congrats on the increased activities.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I hit 100 days yesterday. That for me is a big NSV. I'm now committed to the next 100 days.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Heidi, that is wonderful news. Getting to be a real habit that will benefit you tremendously. Congrats.
  • Rick_1953
    Options
    NSV today. It's 10 weeks tomorrow since my hip replacement surgery. Today I jogged a little on my hike
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Rick that is great news. Glad you are on the mend.