Sept. Keto Challenge - Join me?

Options
FabulousFifty
FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
I need a challenge to stay on track with Keto in September - Would you like to join me? Post your Starting weight, then weekly weight. My goal is to stay within my macros (do what is right for you), to exercise three times/week, and stop snacking after supper. My weekly weigh-in will be Sat. (Weigh in on a day that is best for you.)
Are you in?

Starting weight: 173
9/3
9/10
9/17
9/24
9/30

Replies

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sept 3rd
    Starting weight: 214
    Personal Goals: keto macros, calisthenics, 3 meals a day (no snacking), obviously weight loss...I have been 212 to 219 for the last 2 months, just up and down. Love to see Oct. 1st come with numbers out of the teens.
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am a returning MFP member, first day back today. I'm Australian.

I love dietdoctor.com it's a brilliant website. LCHF/Keto is the only thing that works for me as I am a sugar addict of the hopeless variety and going Keto keeps the physical cravings away.

I have re-gained 25kg (55lb), so embarrassed to admit it.

My goal for this month is to kick sugar to the kerb and get back to a healthier me. The weight will come off as I improve my diet.

I need some friends, so please feel free to add me :blush:
  • jillhodgdon2010
    Options
    My boyfriend and I started our Keto journey for the first time a week ago. Sending you an add!!
  • mrsjennicollins
    Options
    I wasn't sure about keto but I need to take off the baby weight and my friend needed a keto buddy. It's been an interesting ride so far, definitely a learning curve. I need to work on getting in my workouts at least four days a week.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Starting Weight (Aug. 20) - 213
    September 3rd - 201.5
  • cakinkunmi
    cakinkunmi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    starting weight 209. I need to see this weight go down. I eat too much protein so planning on cutting down. Starting on Sept. 4th. Will post weight on Saturday.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 12-14lbs in September, which I don't feel is unrealistic as 3lbs/week is my current average, and I am now incorporating a new exercise routine (walking to and from work) which should maintain or increase that average (I hope!).
    I do and will continue to do, a max of 20 net carbs/day.

I weighed 279 on September 1st (but have since lost a few lbs... I peeked)
    I will put 279 as my Sept 1st start weight and log progress on Fridays :)

Sept 1: 279
    Sept 8:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 29:

Feel free to add me as a friend, but send a note saying you are keto as I only keep fellow keto'ers on my friend's list. I have been keto for 11 weeks and lost just over 38 lbs. I still have 99 to go to reach my goal!
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 20 net carbs, every day this month.

9/1: 227.8
    9/8:
    9/15:
    9/22:
    9/29:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Welcome fellow keto friend! We can totally do this together! I will check out diet doctor! Yes, keto gets rid of my carvings too...I am a carbaholic! Ler's do this together!

uote="SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar;c-40369336"]Hi there, I am a returning MFP member, first day back today. I'm Australian.

I love dietdoctor.com it's a brilliant website. LCHF/Keto is the only thing that works for me as I am a sugar addict of the hopeless variety and going Keto keeps the physical cravings away.

I have re-gained 25kg (55lb), so embarrassed to admit it.

My goal for this month is to kick sugar to the kerb and get back to a healthier me. The weight will come off as I improve my diet.

I need some friends, so please feel free to add me :blush: [/quote]

• FabulousFifty
    Options
    So happy you joined us...Look out, Oct. 1....here we come!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    So glad you joined us!
    quote="River_Goddess;c-40371047"]I would like to lose 12-14lbs in September, which I don't feel is unrealistic as 3lbs/week is my current average, and I am now incorporating a new exercise routine (walking to and from work) which should maintain or increase that average (I hope!).
    I do and will continue to do, a max of 20 net carbs/day.

I weighed 279 on September 1st (but have since lost a few lbs... I peeked)
    I will put 279 as my Sept 1st start weight and log progress on Fridays :)

Sept 1: 279
    Sept 8:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 29:

Feel free to add me as a friend, but send a note saying you are keto as I only keep fellow keto'ers on my friend's list. I have been keto for 11 weeks and lost just over 38 lbs. I still have 99 to go to reach my goal![/quote]

• FabulousFifty
    Options
    My boyfriend and I started our Keto journey for the first time a week ago. Sending you an add!!
    So happy you have joined us!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    I wasn't sure about keto but I need to take off the baby weight and my friend needed a keto buddy. It's been an interesting ride so far, definitely a learning curve. I need to work on getting in my workouts at least four days a week.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Starting Weight (Aug. 20) - 213
    September 3rd - 201.5

Welcome! Congrats on the baby!❤

• FabulousFifty
    Options
    klelk2 wrote: »
    My goal is to stay under 20 net carbs, every day this month.

9/1: 227.8
    9/8:
    9/15:
    9/22:
    9/29:

Welcome!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    cakinkunmi wrote: »
    starting weight 209. I need to see this weight go down. I eat too much protein so planning on cutting down. Starting on Sept. 4th. Will post weight on Saturday.

Welcome!
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I need to add in exercise. I have lost 40 pounds on diet alone. But now I feel the need to tone muscles. That is a change. This weekend I did a liver flush so the scales cannot give me a proper weight. Will give my weight in a few days.
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Thanks for joining us - we can learn from your keto experience!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this. I have 2 main goals

1) break my very dangerous and desperate addiction to sugar (or at least under control)
    2) 90-100 pounds to lose for health

I am very confused about how to start this. Please, if you are out there, friend me and help me walk through this. My understanding Is tha this can be dangerous if not done correctly or you could backfire and gain weight. According to my keto calculator, I'm should do less than 20g of carbs per day (5%), 15% protein, and 80% fat. I have no idea how to eat that much fat everyday. Where should it come from (butter? EVOO?) and how should I consume it?

Not doing any recipes yet. Also not ready to start investing in expensive foods until I know this works. I'm starting very simple:
    Breakfast: Mini spinach quiche with onion, mushrooms cheddar cheese and salsa
    lunch: 2 chicken legs baked in Italian dressing (1g carb) and EVOO. Broccoli with butter
    Dinner: Salmon baked in butter
    Snack 1: GReek Salad with olives and peppers feta cheese and Greek dressing (1g carb)
    Snack 2: pork rinds

Also, I haven't plugged this into my diary yet to see if it hits the macros. If anyone has time, please look this over and give me your thoughts. I Meal planned so this will be the Same meal all week. But I will happy to take your feedback to make changes for next week. I'm scared, but excited.

9/1 - 256.6 :0(
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'll join in too!

I will log my weight on Mondays.
    My Sept goals are to stay under 25g net carbs, daily, and also increase the amount of water I drink. I'm so terrible about drinking enough water. I have a daily 10k step goal/1hr exercise. I hope to continue that. I think 8lbs off is doable for me. :smiley:

9/4: 241.0
    9/11:
    9/18:
    9/25:
    10/1:

Some of you are already mfp buddies. Anyone else can feel free to add me.
  • mcintoshmommy04
    Options
    Hey y'all!!! I'm in for this!!! I need some accountability. 9/4: SW 180
    I'm active as hell ( Crossfit 4x week, softball playing fool, mother of 4 kids and teacher of all things 1st grade) I'm 36 and in full blown menopause. Just started Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in early July... I feel like my body is ready to get this fluff gone. Did I mention I'm on day 2 of no caffeine?!?!
  • XochilRamos
    XochilRamos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sept. 4
    Starting weight 209.5
    3rd attempt at keto
    Goal stick with it