New to the group

Options
dani_1977
dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
Hey there group

Im back to MFP for what seems to be the millionth time. I lost about 50 lbs over 6 years ago. Then got off track (TBH - I grew tired of tracking my food). Well obviously that didn't work out well for me. I slowed gained the weight back. I have literally lost and gained the same 20 lbs over and over again. I am the true definition of a emotional and stress eater. I am completely aware of this, and yet somehow I still let it get to me.

I have come to the realization that tracking food will always be a apart of my life, especially while trying to life a healthy lifestyle.

So here I stand, with 50 lbs to lose again. I've been back on track for 23 days now.

SW - 238 lbs
CW - 232.1 lbs
GW - 180/175 lbs

Looking for active friends on here. I have a fitbit and I use that to track cals burned so you wont see much of my workout activity posted, but I do update in my diary with in my notes what I did that day.

Please all feel free to friend

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced that processed food (mainly carbs) cravings are why people "get off track". Try to cook as much if your food at home. :)<3
  • dani_1977
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    I'm convinced that processed food (mainly carbs) cravings are why people "get off track". Try to cook as much if your food at home. :)<3

I agree, I have even been making my own granola lately.
  • ehbirthnut
    ehbirthnut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've been "lose 5, gain 6" yoyo-ing for the last few years. I seem to have a good run with mfp but then get off track somehow. But for the last month I've been pretty consistent. Frustrated though bc I can lose almost 4 lbs in 3 weeks and gain it all back on one bad day.
    I was my heaviest the first of Sept at 190, CW 187, goal GW 150. My short term goals are 5lbs a month and this month I wanna get to a solid avg of 10000 steps per day.
  • dani_1977
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ehbirthnut wrote: »
    Me too. I've been "lose 5, gain 6" yoyo-ing for the last few years. I seem to have a good run with mfp but then get off track somehow. But for the last month I've been pretty consistent. Frustrated though bc I can lose almost 4 lbs in 3 weeks and gain it all back on one bad day.
    I was my heaviest the first of Sept at 190, CW 187, goal GW 150. My short term goals are 5lbs a month and this month I wanna get to a solid avg of 10000 steps per day.

Congrats on your loss and awesome goal you set for your self.

Don't let the scale drive you crazy, take measurements, pictures. Or even go by a piece of clothing that doesn't quite fit right now, every few weeks see how it fits different

1 lb = 3500 calories. To gain 4 lbs in 1 days is highly impossible . 3500 x 4 = 14000 calories , Plus that days calories allotment , lets say 1500 cal . So you would have to eat 15,500 calories in one single day.

Most daily fluctuations are due to salt, bloating, constipation, period,muscles swelling, so many other reasons. This is why I can not weigh myself daily, it not for the weary.
    I weigh myself on friday, if there isn't any change, then I weigh on Saturday or Sunday. And then that's it for the rest of the week.
  • sherry6467
    sherry6467 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto 7 weeks ago and I love it. I'm down 30 lbs and have so much energy. I still have 50-60 lbs to lose. We are in this together!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    So great to see some posts!!

I am a yo-yo'er too. Up 5 down 5....up 6 down 6. In the past while I have managed to get about 7 lbs off and it feels so good. I was basically stuck all summer at a weight I was not happy with and I feel like I have had a break through.

Did my workout for today and I am going to go to the grocery store and pick up some ingredience for supper. I am trying not to eat processed, learning all the time.