The Plight of the Holiday Weekend

Options
BPRKEY
BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
I don't know if UK celebrates Labor Day or not. But we just came off of a three-day weekend. Does anyone else get completely derailed by long weekends? As much as I value my time off, the structure of the work week really does keep me on track. What a conundrum! This is a nice, simple article, but I need to learn how to translate that into my weekends. I will say, while I was gutting the closet, I was only drinking water. I think maybe I need to occupy my time with projects and activities in a more structured way. Anyway, just some thoughts for this morning. Here's this article from Real Simple.
https://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/holiday-weekend-health-tips

Replies

• MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My weekends for some reason are usually my best calorie days. I use them to make up for my lower weekday burns. I do get a lot of exercise on the weekends though as I try to get my dogs out for longer. Labour day weekend I walked 45km between Sat & Sun. Self employed so Monday was a work day for the first half of the day. But then my boss took my hubby and I whale watching
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    We went to Pennsylvania to hang out with my parents at their "camp" (it's in quotes because it's a 31' travel trailer, so not really camping). It rained a good part of the weekend and never got above 62. Most of the time it was damp and in the 50's. So we did a lot of sitting around and drinking. But I still made it under 1400 calories every day. I'm happy to be back to my regularly scheduled life. But this work week feels amazingly long.

We got on a 2 day wine trip to Northern Ohio next Friday...I have no chance of being at a deficit those days!
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    That three day weekend totally threw me off. Hopefully this coming week will be better.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I find 16:8 intermittent fasting really helps me at weekends and holidays, I will have light brunch instead of separate breakfast/lunch which gives me a lot more wiggle room for drinks and more calorific meals. I do tend to be more active at weekends which also helps. If I am away visiting family I take a diet break and eat at maintenance.
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    I had to think about it but I think there are times that I do this inadvertently. There were 2 days last week where I did it but it was because I just didn't want to coax myself out of bed in time to do breakfast lol. But I recall those two days were not bad at all. I may make a conscious effort this week to try that out.
    I find 16:8 intermittent fasting really helps me at weekends and holidays, I will have light brunch instead of separate breakfast/lunch which gives me a lot more wiggle room for drinks and more calorific meals. I do tend to be more active at weekends which also helps. If I am away visiting family I take a diet break and eat at maintenance.