What a Dream! Pizza...

Options
I have been LCHF since Jan 1...31lbs ago. Ok enough bragging.

Last night the strangest thing has happened to me. Right before I woke up (therefore I can remember the dream vividly) I dreamed that I ate an entire Cheese and Pepperoni pizza. I could smell it and I felt sick full from eating it. I was thinking to myself, oh man I blew my diet and its going to take a week to get back to fat burning. Right then I woke up. It was so real that even when I woke up, I felt like I ate the pizza. Weird! and great. I dont have any desire now to eat a real pizza but my mind is saying I already did.

Has this (or similar) happened to you????

Replies

• JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Was your pillow missing when you woke up?

:smiley:

OMG your right! Pillows are low carb, right? A lot of fiber for sure.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I can't recall ever having a food dream. Unfortunately, almost all of my dreams are stress-related nightmares.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    No food dreams here. Good to see you though.
  • grillinginthenameof
    Options
    I have had similar dreams and have woken up angry with myself, only to realize it was all just a dream...
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    I can't recall ever having a food dream. Unfortunately, almost all of my dreams are stress-related nightmares.

That's a toughie, @Steph_Maks , I'm sorry to hear that..... :(
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Quite a few of my friends on another low carber site have had very similar experiences with 'high' carb cheat dreams.'. They say they were very realistic and they were upset that they broke their diet when they first woke and were still groggy. I haven't experienced it personally though.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    CARBMARES!
    The struggle is REAL!
    I still have them, but since I no longer worry about ketosis, I don't get as overwrought during them as I used to.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Was your pillow missing when you woke up?

:smiley:

Or your wife?? :o
  • damorere
    damorere Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've had those types of dreams where I had eaten cake or scones and was upset that I had cheated, but once (after waking) I realized they were just dreams I really enjoyed them, because they were very vivid and I could still taste forbidden fruits. Guilt-free cheating :-)