Reached my self sabotage weight!

Options
rachls77
rachls77 Posts: 11 Member
Good morning!

So this morning I weighed 9st 2 ( 128lb). I'm now 40 and before having my two children, 13 years ago on my wedding day I weighed 130lb. I'm easily a U.K. Size 8 on the top and can sometimes fit a size 8, depending on brand, on the bottom. I should be really happy about this, but I'm not!
Previously this is where it all goes wrong! My goal weight is 119 lb, 8st 7lb. I still have plenty of fat on my thighs and bum and know I have to get below my present weight before it'll shift from these problem areas as I lose from my waist and stomach first. BUT, it's gets hard at this point. My body resists losing and I always give up/ get complacent/ relax! Normally I start bouncing around until I'm back up at 133lb.
I'm hoping by telling you this my pride will stop me from self sabotaging my progress and I'll finally break in the 8st mark! Any advice for keeping my motivation up gratefully received!

Replies

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You got this.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just keep on remembering how far you've come and how many times you've been in this situation before! Remember how it made you feel when you let yourself give in and had to start over. Apart from, that focus on all the positives. Like how good you'll feel that you reached a goal through your own will power and determination. Remind yourself why you're doing this as well, what motivated you in the first place? You're only a couple of lbs off breaking 9 stone, so it probably won't be all that long until you see the '8' on the scale and you'll find that extra boost! You've done brilliantly to get this far!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at my self sabotage weight too. I've been down here 3 times before, and each time I go back up! I would previously either crash diet to get to where I am or work out a ton (i.e. marathon training) and not watch what I'm eating; then inevitably I'd burn out after employing these all-or-nothing approaches. The key is to find where you went wrong before and fix it; you have to find your own leaks in your system and plug them.